Anyone find the Wegher Transfer timing interesting????

Just sayin... Looks like the running backs are sticking together...

No, do not find it interesting. I think we all felt pretty confident Brandon was not going to don a Hawk uniform again. a'looks like the running backs are sticking together?"

Really? So, if your angle plays out, Adam Robinson is going to walk away from the same coaching staff who gave him his really only shot at big-time football. He is going to leave Iowa because all the running backs are banding together. Good stuff. People like you are why Jerry Springer has survived 15+ years on television.

No, do not find it interesting. I think we all felt pretty confident Brandon was not going to don a Hawk uniform again. a'looks like the running backs are sticking together?"

Really? So, if your angle plays out, Adam Robinson is going to walk away from the same coaching staff who gave him his really only shot at big-time football. He is going to leave Iowa because all the running backs are banding together. Good stuff. People like you are why Jerry Springer has survived 15+ years on television.

1. Do you really think that the OP thinks A-Rob would leave because Wegher and Hampton did/rumored to have done so? It's just a figure of speech.

2. Who said that Adam would have to leave of his own accord?

Nothing that interesting about BW transfer. Pretty sure KF told him he would have to pay his own way for a year as scholly wouldnt be continued. BW took classes to keep possibility of his return open. Needed to stay up on academic load.
Not sure if he will have to sit out another year. Technically, he was on team for a day or two and if Iowa pushes it, that could force him to sit another year unless he goes to FCS school.

1. Do you really think that the OP thinks A-Rob would leave because Wegher and Hampton did/rumored to have done so? It's just a figure of speech.

Yeah, I do think that is what the OP was trying to say. His message was not a "figure of speech."

Yeah, I do think that is what the OP was trying to say. His message was not a "figure of speech."

Or maybe it's because he's seeing the mess that the program could soon be in, and decided he wanted no part of it? That was what I thought was "interesting" about the timing (not really interesting, but it's possible). Saying that it "looks like the running backs stick together", in that context, is merely a figure of speech, or even a bit of dark humor.

exactly... don't want to get kicked off the site... read between the lines..... no pun intendet

Nothing that interesting about BW transfer. Pretty sure KF told him he would have to pay his own way for a year as scholly wouldnt be continued. BW took classes to keep possibility of his return open. Needed to stay up on academic load.
Not sure if he will have to sit out another year. [bold]Technically, he was on team for a day or two and if Iowa pushes it,[/bold] that could force him to sit another year unless he goes to FCS school.

This is the interesting part. If the NCAA doesn't consider that time to be "one year" with the football team then Wegher wouldn't even have to use his red shirt - he wouldn't have been on a team at all and wouldn't have to burn a year of eligibility. At the same time, if it was a year that didn't count towards eligibility then it would also not count as his "sit out year" either.

Did you really think Wehger was coming back? Made his own decisions. Let him go...whatever
Hampton has 2 year ending knee injuries in 2 years. Not surprising he would leave, quit, transfer, go closer to home, etc.
If any truth to the DRob rumors, then we will see ya later pal. Don't let the door hit ya.
Next man in. Maybe we get somebody that really wants to be a Hawkeye and do what it takes

Did you really think Wehger was coming back? Made his own decisions. Let him go...whatever
Hampton has 2 year ending knee injuries in 2 years. Not surprising he would leave, quit, transfer, go closer to home, etc.
If any truth to the DRob rumors, then we will see ya later pal. Don't let the door hit ya.
Next man in. Maybe we get somebody that really wants to be a Hawkeye and do what it takes

It could also mean Iowa would be a more attractive option for someone like Coe.

Yeah. Tell me about it. A college student transferring schools at the end of a semester? Weird.

I fail to see the connection. I don't think Wegher was going to be tested. Why would he need to skip out now just because the other two "amigos" were in deep?

Wegher's plan all along was to transfer since he left the team ding dong. Hampton and ARod aren't leaving.

128322660781.jpg

Latest posts