Anyone else see this from Saturday's game?

rpmhawk

Its both disturbing and hilarious at the same time:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsSyjwP7AdI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Arizona Man tells off Iowa Hawkeye little boy[/ame]

Okay, so basically a young Iowa fan (boy between ages of 10-13) is wearing a shirt that says McNutt in the endzone and he's holding his shirt out so the TV camera can read it. Some old Tucson a-hole flicks the kid off behind another AZ fan who stood up. After that the old man continues to hold the bird proudly and show the camera. Camera quickly cuts to the Iowa kickoff.
There's the gist. Disturbing for sure.

I sat with all arizona fans. No problems whatsoever. they cheered hard when they were ahead and gave me no **** when I was loud when Iowa tied the game. Talked with a mother whose daughter dated defensive end Rick Elmore. Even talking to students in the zoo before the game did not have any Iowa sucks talk.

Disturbing is right, what a sick old bastard.

Exactly, all the kid was doing was showing his shirt to the camera. I take it that old bastard either 1) doesn't have kids, 2) was beat on in his younger days, 3) was a punk in his younger days and picked on freshman or middle school kids when he was a senior in high school or 4) all the above.

Looks like a maniac.....a lot like Coach Stoops throughout the game......maybe that's the way they breed them in the beautiful state of Arizona.....just look at the Governor.

In the kids defense (not like he needs to be) he was standing with a whole group of adults who wore the same shirt, so it wasn't as if it was some punk kid with a smartass shirt on either.

Awesome. I love the classic "stay classy" comments like were standing on some Holy high ground. I swear some people want saturdays in the stadium to be some cross between catholic mass and a chuck e cheese.

Awesome. I love the classic "stay classy" comments like were standing on some Holy high ground. I swear some people want saturdays in the stadium to be some cross between catholic mass and a chuck e cheese.

Flipping off a 10 year old kid when your (what appears to be) a 50-60 year old man is stooping pretty low.

My first reaction to the "stay classy" comments: have you been in the student section recently? We've got NO room to talk. It's downright embarrassing sometimes.

But of course, and likewise you would have to agree the appropriate response for sick ol' bastard flipping the bird to a little kid was to be b*tch slapped right in his effin mouth.

But of course, and likewise you would have to agree the appropriate response for sick ol' bastard flipping the bird to a little kid was to be b*tch slapped right in his effin mouth.

No, no, no...violence is never the answer but non-violent words and getures are okay...it was a heated game inside the stadium I don't know if the old guy was directing that at the little kid exclusively the appropriate response would have been to give the old guy the double bird back and say, "AZ can go suck a fat <<insert obscenity>> old man!" and then go out for a drink together after the game.

No, no, no...violence is never the answer but non-violent words and getures are okay...it was a heated game inside the stadium I don't know if the old guy was directing that at the little kid exclusively the appropriate response would have been to give the old guy the double bird back and say, "AZ can go suck a fat <<insert obscenity>> old man!" and then go out for a drink together after the game.

He had it shoved right in that kid's face. I don't care how heated it gets, shoving the bird in a kid's face is over the line. It's not hard to go nuts for your team without flipping people off.

Being a father myself, if I was that kid"s dad watching that old dude do that to my kid........needless to say, someone would have to bail my @ss out of the "clink" just like I was Melrose Guy on game day in Iowa city.

If Zona had any decency as a program, they would find out where that old coot was sitting and see if he has season tickets. If so, revoke them permanently.

No place for that behavior in college sports.

Arizona fans are the worst around. No Big Ten fans even compare (I've been to every town except West Lafayette and Happy Valley), and the opposing fans I've met at bowl games were all significantly better to deal with than Arizona fans.

I know every fanbase has bad fans, but Arizona has a much higher percentage than anywhere I've ever been. I heard "F*** Iowa" more times than I would hear in ten trips to Ames on Friday night, and while tailgating Saturday there were a lot of people that walked by, or rode their bike, that would talk about how much they were going to kick our a** in passing. There were two fans in particular that were complete d-bags in the stadium. One wanted to fight me when Arizona was up 14-0. He got really mad when I asked him what "Bear Down" meant, he probably didn't like his ignorance being called out. It was comical, though. I will be stunned if I ever come across a fanbase full of as many a**holes as Arizona's. They are an embarrassment to college football.

Arizona fans are the worst around. No Big Ten fans even compare (I've been to every town except West Lafayette and Happy Valley), and the opposing fans I've met at bowl games were all significantly better to deal with than Arizona fans.

I have a friend who is a PENN ST seadon ticket holder and he invited me to the game there last year. Aside from a few students who were obviously overserved while tailgating pregame, Penn State fans showed me nothing but respect before, during and after the game.

When they saw me in their section before kickoff, they all said good luck. I was the only hawkeye fan for three sections. They let me cheer for the hawks without rancor during the game and afterwards patted me on the back, shook my hand and said "good luck the rest of the way."

Conversely, I have another friend who lives here in Des Moines now, but is a big Michigan fan. His step-brother was a linebacker last year. He & his wife were berated unmercifully on the way in to Kinnick, during the game and walking back to their car after the game. She was in tears. No call for that.

Latest posts