Anyone else see this from Saturday's game?

I have a friend who is a PENN ST seadon ticket holder and he invited me to the game there last year. Aside from a few students who were obviously overserved while tailgating pregame, Penn State fans showed me nothing but respect before, during and after the game.

When they saw me in their section before kickoff, they all said good luck. I was the only hawkeye fan for three sections. They let me cheer for the hawks without rancor during the game and afterwards patted me on the back, shook my hand and said "good luck the rest of the way."

Conversely, I have another friend who lives here in Des Moines now, but is a big Michigan fan. His step-brother was a linebacker last year. He & his wife were berated unmercifully on the way in to Kinnick, during the game and walking back to their car after the game. She was in tears. No call for that.

Several years ago I was at Kinnick during a game against NIU. The Huskies were making a late run (tho the Hawks ended up winning) and there was a NIU student that was cheering for the Huskies as they clawed their way back into the game. At one point an Iowa fan sitting a couple of rows ahead of me got mad at the NIU student and told him to sit down and shut the f#@* up. I told the guy that the kid was free to cheer for his team. After I spoke up several other Iowa fans in the area agreed with me. The angry tool ended up leaving.

Latest posts