Anyone else hearing Brian Ferentz to Northwestern whispers?

okeefe4prez

As some of you may recall, I used to have Northwestern season tickets because I could walk to the stadium and I love Big Ten football. Anyway, there are some whispers that if Fitzy gets run for this scandal Brian Ferentz is on the short list. I don't want to reveal sources, but just suffice it to say as a former season ticket holder I have some inside information on the situation.

Where would that leave Iowa going into the season without an OC? Could it pave the way for O'Keefe to come back as interim OC? I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Crazy times.

As some of you may recall, I used to have Northwestern season tickets because I could walk to the stadium and I love Big Ten football. Anyway, there are some whispers that if Fitzy gets run for this scandal Brian Ferentz is on the short list. I don't want to reveal sources, but just suffice it to say as a former season ticket holder I have some inside information on the situation.

Where would that leave Iowa going into the season without an OC? Could it pave the way for O'Keefe to come back as interim OC? I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Crazy times.
From the car wash, Sherek, to garbage can over your head.

I know NW is on hard times between all the losing and NIL not being an asset. But why would any FBS program be looking at Brian for a HC?

I know NW is on hard times between all the losing and NIL not being an asset. But why would any FBS program be looking at Brian for a HC?

Northwestern views it as an opportunity to undermine a nearby rival and Brian has good contacts with the area coaches, including at schools like Naperville North and Naperville Central.

If anyone was at the Iowa-NW game this past fall, you'll know why they would want the coordinator of that offense as their head man. Coached under Belichick and Kirk, has had success as a position coach. He sent numerous OL to the NFL and was TE coach at NE. Where would Gronk and Aaron Hernandez be without him today? The question isn't why would they want him. The question is why wouldn't they want him.

It's picking up a lot of steam in Reddit as well. I am thinking this may be a done deal. I'm salivating thinking of O'Keefe coaching McNamara and the slew of guys we brought in this offseason.

You are simply the best at this. lol.

Evidently at 10:10 AM CDT you had to rush back from your mid morning break to break this good news.

You are simply the best at this. lol.
Not really. It couldn't be more obvious that NW wouldn't touch a guy from a program that just closed a similar chapter of controversy and he fielded one of the worst performing units in college football last year.

Your post did give some members a little wood though.

Last edited:
Not really. It couldn't be more obvious that NW wouldn't touch a guy from a program that just closed a similar chapter of controversy and he fielded one of the worst performing units in college football last year.

Your post did give some members a little wood though.
The allegations coming out of NW from the sources sound very similar (minus the sexual content) involving race and culture. Picking a coach who was named in a lawsuit that was just settled for those issues might not be the best PR move right now for NW. But yeah, I did get a little bit of wood from the ideal of dumping Brian on NW, but sounds like they have been dry humped enough already.

The allegations coming out of NW from the sources sound very similar (minus the sexual content) involving race and culture. Picking a coach who was named in a lawsuit that was just settled for those issues might not be the best PR move right now for NW. But yeah, I did get a little bit of wood from the ideal of dumping Brian on NW, but sounds like they have been dry humped enough already.

The suit was dismissed and Brian's personnel file is clear.

I was home visiting my parents the other week and saw Bri and wifey taking a walk in the neighborhood. He looked good. He appears to be down a few pounds. There was a spring in his step. The Fitz news hadn't broken yet but can't rule out that Wilbon or some member of the administration had reached out to him to gauge his interest level should the announcement about the suspension go sideways. Probably what he was chatting about with the wife on the walk. I couldn't see her phone very well but possible Evanston Zillow was pulled up.

I heard on the raddiooo that Iowa coaches just recently got a pay raise, all but one,............................wait for it...........................Brian.

But, I'm no dummy. I'm sure under the table somewhere he's getting a % of pay raise, possibly funneling thru the ole' man. Pure speculation on my part.

Its all over the internet. I even got something in the mail today ... this has leggs
The Ferentz PR machine at it again! Next BF will trot into the AD office and need more money to stay. We will see if new AD is as dumb as Barta.

Latest posts