Anyone Else Glad We Don't Play Purdue?

drew003

Even before they beat OSU I was happy they were not on the schedule. I certainly think we are the better team, but I don't trust this team to beat them. PU strikes me as one of those teams that could beat or lose to anyone on any given day. They have a senior QB who is slinging the ball around and they just seem dangerous. And I feel teams with accurate QB's who rely heavily on short and intermediate passing give Iowa trouble - which explains why Purdue always seems to give us a fight.

As dangerous as Purdue is, if you gave me the opportunity to switch the OSU game for Purdue, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Even before they beat OSU I was happy they were not on the schedule. I certainly think we are the better team, but I don't trust this team to beat them. PU strikes me as one of those teams that could beat or lose to anyone on any given day. They have a senior QB who is slinging the ball around and they just seem dangerous. And I feel teams with accurate QB's who rely heavily on short and intermediate passing give Iowa trouble - which explains why Purdue always seems to give us a fight.

I'm with you Drew. It's also the reason that I don't want to be matched up in a bowl game with either Texas or Oregon. Give me USC or Alabama!

Totally agree, Drew. Purdue's record is NOT indicative of the skills/talent they have. They have lost a ton of close games. They are dangerous as hell.

Yeah, not because I think they're better than OSU (despite on-the-field evidence to the contrary!); we just need to be playing OSU. No matter what kind of season they're having, that's the standard of measurement. Even if they have a TERRIBLE season, we have to play them for legitimacy (which is retarded). Michigan too - I mean they were varying degrees of awful the past couple years, but since they weren't on our schedule (or, I should say, since the B10 didn't PUT them on our schedule), we constantly heard the "yeah but you didn't even have to play Michigan..." crap.

Anyway, yeah, whatever. Purdue is a scary team in a Jekyll and Hyde sort of way.

For some reason, Purdue has always concerned me more than Michigan or Ohio State. It may be because we should beat Purdue more than Michigan or Ohio State. But I tend to think that we match up scheme-wise better against Ohio State and Lloyd Carr's Michigan teams. The spread and pass-happy teams always worry me more than Wisconsin's, Penn State's, Ohio State's of the world.

I know OSU, PSU and UM are supposed to have more talent, but the spread teams and teams with running QB's ALWAYS concern me more.

Latest posts