Anyone else fed up with Tim Doyle?

sioux34

He says some of the dumbest things I have ever heard broadcast over any medium. This includes grade school kids using walky talkys.

Referring to the Michigan player (Morris I think) as the "butterfly" on more than one occasion was quite annoying. By the way, is that really his nickname or just something one of the announcers made up?

It is actually one of the moronic things that Doyle just makes up and keeps throwing out there.

I didn't mind them.

I hope they're right cause they said that Iowa will be in the upper half of the Big Ten next year. :)

Well think about it the Big 10 network is scrapping the bottom of the barrel to get some decent announcers. Doyle is terrible. And I know Hawk fans will be upset when I say this K. Murray not that great either.

YES! He tries WAY too hard and sounds like a complete moron. The other guy made every play sound like it wast the game ending play.

I actually didn't mind him during the Mich game. It's nice to have a different style. He is growing on me, albeit, slowly.

Imagine him being partnered with NW alumni (Shawn Morris I believe) & the cheesy lines he comes up with. The two of them together would be brutal.

Isnt Doyle Spank's favorite studio analyst/color commentator?

Just think, the BTN thought replacing Miller with this guy on the pulse was a good idea. HORSE ****!!!

Whenever someone says something like some team will be upper half of the conference next year I always want to ask them who will be in the lower half. I have a feeling when push comes to shove said person would put a lot of teams in the upper half and probably just three in the lower half. That being said, I would like to know who he thinks will be the bottom three if we aren't one of them. I would assume he would be thinking we would jump PSU and NW, and IU would be below us. That assumes that my interpretation is really what he meant. If he truly thinks we will be upper half next year, it would be REALLY interesting to see who he has below us.

Whenever someone says something like some team will be upper half of the conference next year I always want to ask them who will be in the lower half. I have a feeling when push comes to shove said person would put a lot of teams in the upper half and probably just three in the lower half. That being said, I would like to know who he thinks will be the bottom three if we aren't one of them. I would assume he would be thinking we would jump PSU and NW, and IU would be below us. That assumes that my interpretation is really what he meant. If he truly thinks we will be upper half next year, it would be REALLY interesting to see who he has below us.

+1
from Waco, TX newest permanent resident, (storm related), and trying to get back home to NW Iowa.

Yeah, I am not a real big Doyle fan. The other NW guy is worse, is it Morris? I did notice that the BTN has gotten Gus Johnson to do a lot of games. I don't know what the deal is there, because he is still doing a lot of CBS work. But I like Gus, it seems like he is only doing tOSU games though.
I don't mind Kenyon too bad. I think it's because I liked him so much when he was playing. I believe he has vastly improved since last year.

BTN did a great job of hiring Doyle because he really is representative of Northwestern.

He's an antisocial hack.

I will say this about Doyle, he is mighty impressed with himself. As I recall, he was nothing more than an average player. He certainly is a below average announcer.

I will say this about Doyle, he is mighty impressed with himself. As I recall, he was nothing more than an average player. He certainly is a below average announcer.

He was a very average player. The type of average player that for some reason would light up the Hawks and the Hawks only. I was not a fan of him as a player.
He looked like your typical NW player....you know....the ones that you look at and say "That guy should be in a science lab or something, he does not look at all like a basketball player." Shurna falls into this category, as did Coble, as do the rest of their foreign white guys with long names.

Latest posts