Anyone buying tickets to Indy yet?

I took a flyer and bought two about five weeks ago.

Also got rooms in Crawfordsville, about 45 mins out from Lucas.

I have 2 tickets reserved and will only be charged if Iowa goes to Indy. I booked a motel yesterday in Lebanon, Indiana 27 miles north of Indy just off the I road. It was $84 a night. I go to all of Iowa's away games, and have for years. I always stay about 1/2 hour away from the game sight and get reasonable rates at mid range quality hotels. Refuse to pay more than $15 an hour to sleep. Since its a night game, will "tailgate" at the sports bars near Lucas Oil on Saturday afternoon...with lots of Hawk fans!

Been doing the same thing for several years myself....always stay 30-45 mins away from the city/town the game is in and drive in the day of.

For this game, my super-8 room was $50/night...I booked for both Friday and Sat evenings.....but did so about five weeks ago.

Since I'm sleeping most of the stay, silly to me to spend hundreds per night just to be close.

Go Hawks.

I'm guessing you mean you requested them from the U. Whether you actually get them will depend on whether you have more priority points than others who did the same.

I'm guessing they mean they did it through TeamTix, through the Big Ten.

That means they are guaranteed a ticket if Iowa makes it.

So, you're wrong.

I'm guessing they mean they did it through TeamTix, through the Big Ten.

That means they are guaranteed a ticket if Iowa makes it.

So, you're wrong.
Anyway, for those interested, I understand that the U got 13,000 ticket requests for its 10,000 allotment. Some folks won't get tickets, at least through the University.

Last edited:
Two months ago, I purchased Iowa options through TeamTIx, a group sponsored by the Big Ten. They sell options for each team to purchase tickets to the Championship game. They are good only if your team makes it to the game; otherwise, they are worthless. The Iowa options initially sold for $20 each, but they sold out at that price weeks ago. The only way to buy an option now is from other option holders, which you can do on the TeamTix site (you also have to pay a small commission). See https://bigten.teamtix.com/content/home If Iowa gets in to the game (for example, by defeating Purdue), the holder of an Iowa option is entitled (in fact, obligated) to buy a ticket at the face price of the ticket. This is in addition to whatever the option holder paid for the option itself. The Iowa options, as of this morning, are selling for between $70 and $850, depending on the location (again, your also would have to pay the purchase price of the ticket, which also depends on the location). If you hold options for a team that doesn't make it into the game, the options for that team are worthless. For example, in the unlikely event that Iowa would lose out and Wisconsin would win out, the Iowa options would be worthless, and you would lose what you paid for them. On the other hand, if Iowa defeats Purdue, for example, the prices of the options likely will go up.

I live in Plainfield, an Indy suburb. There are a dozen or more hotels in Plainfield right off exit 267 off of Interstate 70. It is a straight shot up I70 to Lucas Oil, usually between 20 and 30 minutes (depending on traffic) These hotels are a popular location for people who are going to events at Lucas Oil.

Two months ago, I purchased Iowa options through TeamTIx, a group sponsored by the Big Ten. They sell options for each team to purchase tickets to the Championship game. They are good only if your team makes it to the game; otherwise, they are worthless. The Iowa options initially sold for $20 each, but they sold out at that price weeks ago. The only way to buy an option now is from other option holders, which you can do on the TeamTix site (you also have to pay a small commission). See https://bigten.teamtix.com/content/home If Iowa gets in to the game (for example, by defeating Purdue), the holder of an Iowa option is entitled (in fact, obligated) to buy a ticket at the face price of the ticket. This is in addition to whatever the option holder paid for the option itself. The Iowa options, as of this morning, are selling for between $70 and $850, depending on the location (again, your also would have to pay the purchase price of the ticket, which also depends on the location). If you hold options for a team that doesn't make it into the game, the options for that team are worthless. For example, in the unlikely event that Iowa would lose out and Wisconsin would win out, the Iowa options would be worthless, and you would lose what you paid for them. On the other hand, if Iowa defeats Purdue, for example, the prices of the options likely will go up.

I live in Plainfield, an Indy suburb. There are a dozen or more hotels in Plainfield right off exit 267 off of Interstate 70. It is a straight shot up I70 to Lucas Oil, usually between 20 and 30 minutes (depending on traffic) These hotels are a popular location for people who are going to events at Lucas Oil.

Hey Paul, what is the scalping laws and situation like for scoring tix around the stadium?

Hey Paul, what is the scalping laws and situation like for scoring tix around the stadium?
I should know the scalping laws, but I don't. I do know there are always people around the stadium selling tickets. For the type of events they have at Lucas Oil, I don't think there are many good deals on the street.

Weak huh? Marc Morehouse just tweeted this (a few days after I posted that there were more requests than tickets):

"From Iowa: The demand for B1G title game tickets is greater than supply. Iowa is trying to get more for the B1G."

Last edited:
Anyway, for those interested, I understand that the U got 13,000 ticket requests for its 10,000 allotment. Some folks won't get tickets, at least through the University.
The U just sent an email about tickets. They ended up with 16,000 requests and the priority point cutoff was 103.