Anybody ok with forgiving DJK?

pacoyal

Just curious if people out there are ok with forgiving DJK for what he is being charged with. We are all assuming he is guilty (myself included) given what the IC police have said from their interviews with DJK.

I would bring up the fact that the roomie was previously busted for a similar crime a suggest that DJK was not the one selling anything but just living with somebody that did that, however we don't know for sure. Myself, I will go ahead and assume that he wouldn't have a reason to do that. I could be wrong.

Given what we do know, and what I assume, would any of you out there be willing to forgive DJK?

Me personally, I would forgive and hope for nothing but the best. I'm sure there are plenty of Hawkeye fans that would wish the same, but it isn't being said too much.

Yes, he did something wrong. And he will be punished, and he should make it up to the community.

I guess what I am saying is that we should give him and this process some time to figure itself out and give DJK a chance to make it right again. That is just my opinion.

DJK is a human being that deserves a second chance. We are all human and most everyone has made mistakes that they regret. I'm not going to bash and ridicule him for this. I'm better than that. I've moved on.

DJK has an opportunity to get things right, he is at the crossroads and now he has a choice which way does he go. Time will tell.. DJK is a very bright individual and I suspect we've not heard the last from him on the football field.

Last edited:
I think he can be if he confronts what he did and takes the necessary steps to clean himself up and get his life back on track. Even then though I may be able to forgive him for the drug issues but I don't know if I can forgive the pain he has caused the program, team, and fans.

We're football fans. It isn't our position to forgive him. We can forgive him individually, but so what?

He's a kid that apparently has problems. He just gave up, potentially, millions of dollars in NFL money. Life is it's own punishment when you make these kinds of mistakes. Well, for most people anyway. Michael Vick is on top of the world.

I think he can be if he confronts what he did and takes the necessary steps to clean himself up and get his life back on track. Even then though I may be able to forgive him for the drug issues but I don't know if I can forgive the pain he has caused the program, team, and fans.

+1

Right there. That is what I was looking for. He will have to confront what he did.

The question is what does he do after this. I just hope that he makes the best of this (meaning taking whatever the outcome that this horrible situation is that he was part of creating).

If he can take his time (which I would assume would be coming, although it sounds like a bunch of misdemeanors) and do something with it, that would be great.

He doesn't owe **** to us. You can talk about the scholarships and all that, but through four years of play, he's made that up. The people who he would need to seek forgiveness from are maybe his teammates and coaches, but most importantly, his family and himself. That's it.

He doesn't owe **** to us. You can talk about the scholarships and all that, but through four years of play, he's made that up. The people who he would need to seek forgiveness from are maybe his teammates and coaches, but most importantly, his family and himself. That's it.

He may not owe us anything but we are a judgmental culture, and we are going to condemn or forgive him whether he wants it or not.

He may not owe us anything but we are a judgmental culture, and we are going to condemn or forgive him whether he wants it or not.

Right, that's the point. We all know after we give it some time, it won't be as hard to forgive, but why does it take time to do that? It's our feelings. And I get it.

I think that when we all give it some time, that we will all be pulling for DJK to get his s^&t together.

When Jesus was on the cross, in regards to the people who were crucifying him he said "Forgive them for they know not what they do." I think in the end, DJK will find peace. It sounds like he has depression and anxiety issues and I wish him the best in working those out.

100% correct

Sure Im disappointed but he doesnt need me to forgive him, he needs those that he actually let down to forgive him and give him a second chance

+1

DJK doesn't owe me anything. He messed up. He'll pay a hefty price (at least lost money from the NFL). Wish we had him for the bowl game but oh well...next man in. He had a nice run and it's too bad he couldn't keep his nose clean but we all make mistakes. Hope he straightens out his life and moves on to do good things. Come December 28th, we'll all have moved on. Hopefully we can end things on a high note and put this season of disappointments behind us.

post of the day man.

sure we're all disappointed, but he doesn't really owe us anything. i sooo hope he can use this event to get his crap together and make something of his life, as i really like him. but he doesn't owe me anything.

Do you no how many people in this world uses drugs? Well just happens djk is one and idc if he does. He's a beast.he always will be. To be honest the only bad thing was the coke but if he goes to jail ima try to go vistit :) hopefully he gets off of the felony and only goes for like a year or 2

DJK is a human being that deserves a second chance. We are all human and most everyone has made mistakes that they regret. I'm not going to bash and ridicule him for this. I'm better than that. I've moved on.

DJK has an opportunity to get things right, he is at the crossroads and now he has a choice which way does he go. Time will tell.. DJK is a very bright individual and I suspect we've not heard the last from him on the football field.

Well said!

how do you know he regrets the decision??? In 5 years when he has no job and looks back on this - he will! Jesus forgives - not my place to.

If he gets to the NFL puts up a Pro bowl season, and catches a Superbowl winning touchdown. I'm pretty sure we all will haha.

how do you know he regrets the decision??? In 5 years when he has no job and looks back on this - he will! Jesus forgives - not my place to.

Not a particularly Christian attitude there. You have no idea what his future is going to be like, making assumptions that he's going to end up going nowhere is pretty ignorant.

Latest posts