Anybody Else Worried About Losing Phil Parker?

We are losing more than we're gaining right now. That is probably true of every school out there. As mentioned above, most of these kids will want to visit before committing to a school and they haven't had time to do that yet.
Some people are freaking out because we have 8 players into the portal. Without doing any research, I doubt that is very far out of the norm for a P5 school.

Portal Entries By #FBS Conference
#SEC 171 total, 12.2/team
#Pac12 126, 10.5/tm
#B1G 124, 8.9/tm
#ACC 120, 8.6/tm
#MAC 96, 8.0/tm
#AAC 91, 8.3/tm
#CUSA 87, 7.9/tm
#Big12 85, 8.5/tm
#MWC 84, 7.0/tm
#SunBelt 67, 4.8/tm

Portal news changes by the minute, but there are currently 1,102 players in the transfer portal (not all of those come from FBS): https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2023/

Remember when Fry applied for USC...was it 1987. Nobody saw that coming. For certain jobs, I would guess Phil would leave.

Remember when Fry applied for USC...was it 1987. Nobody saw that coming. For certain jobs, I would guess Phil would leave.
He didn't apply for the job as much as he used it to get some things that he wanted in Iowa's program. And it worked. He got an indoor practice facility, IIRC. You can't compare Phil Parker's situation to that one.

He didn't apply for the job as much as he used it to get some things that he wanted in Iowa's program. And it worked. He got an indoor practice facility, IIRC. You can't compare Phil Parker's situation to that one.
I thought he officially did. Either way, my point is that for the right job most anyone would leave. Phil Parker included.

There are actually several articles online about his "interest".

Funny the article says they didn't think they could make an offer attractive enough for Fry.... USC

Latest posts