anybody else mad at BTN

i know they won, but after trying to watch it on the stream that kept freezing, iwas hopimg to watch it and get a different announcer view on the play other than Dolph and Hansen, as they seem to pay more attention on their papers and what not and not the game

went back and yea its on and they pushed the broadcast til after the replay of the PSU press conference, this is a young team, 1 senior 2 sophamores anf 2 freshmen on the court now

The alley-oop to May with 1:30 to go was just gorgeous.

May sprinted all the way down the sidelines to get behind the coasting D.

It would be nice if BTN would use some of their freaking axillary channels to air these games.

WTF

They (the BTN) have addressed this issue and they say it isn't cost effective for them to do it.

I probably have to agree with them because it can't be cheap to air games and unlike football you won't have as many people watching which hurts the advertising so less advertising dollars to help offset the cost.

The ONLY reason I pay an exorbitant amount of money for cable (MediacoN) every month is so that I can watch Iowa games on BTN- and even so, I can't watch all of their games. What a crock of crap. It's all about the money. There was a day when you could watch ALL of the Iowa games (basketball AND football) on non-cable television. The Big Ten wins BIG with BTN and the fans lose BIG with the BTN.

Bastards.

They (the BTN) have addressed this issue and they say it isn't cost effective for them to do it.

The BTN is full of sh*t.

The big cost is in televising the game, period. They already have camera crews, announcers, etc at the game, so the additional cost to take that feed and beam it up to a satellite is practically zero.

Not only that, Monday's game could have been aired on the primary channel, there were no other games on 610 (BTN on Directv) at the time. Still they made us watch it on their crappy web site.

I'm not sure what the REAL reason they're not televising the games is, maybe to push advertising dollars to the web site sponsors, maybe some weird contractual language put in by the schools to force more people to go to the games, or maybe to get more people watching the replays. But it ain't the horse manure reason they're spewing.

God I hate the BTN.

/end of rant

I'll say it again, if you guys hate the BTN so bad then pony up $9 million every year and donate it to the university athletic fund and that should be enough money to have some influence to have Barta tell the BTN that Iowa will find their own television source for games.

The positives of the BTN out weigh the negatives of missing a few basketball games against crap teams.

I find myself being mad at the BTN every November. Love their FB coverage and the conference Basketball schedule. The rest of the year I pretty much ignore them as they seem to have a tendency to re-air all of Iowa's low moments.

The BTN is full of sh*t.

The big cost is in televising the game, period. They already have camera crews, announcers, etc at the game, so the additional cost to take that feed and beam it up to a satellite is practically zero.

Not only that, Monday's game could have been aired on the primary channel, there were no other games on 610 (BTN on Directv) at the time. Still they made us watch it on their crappy web site.

I'm not sure what the REAL reason they're not televising the games is, maybe to push advertising dollars to the web site sponsors, maybe some weird contractual language put in by the schools to force more people to go to the games, or maybe to get more people watching the replays. But it ain't the horse manure reason they're spewing.

God I hate the BTN.

/end of rant

they have students doing almost all of this work and you are high if you think that renting a truck and buying the satellite time "is practically zero".

Despise BTN and their paid live streaming. They didn't honor the coupon, and then wouldn't let me pay right away. Took a while for them to accept the payment. Got a couple of games, then no visual last night, could listen to Bobby and Dolph but had to use the free streaming site to watch the game. Demanded a refund and told them that when they can afford to make the site workable, I might subscribe in the future.....

B******s is right.....

Latest posts