Anybody else here retired?

Last Friday was my last day. Sixty days to social security when I turn 65 on July 15. I plan to finish my doctorate in econ, maybe teach history to these growing home school modules (I never wanted to be a lawyer-only thing my parents ever made me do of any importance whatsoever, I wanted to teach history). So, I shocked everyone's monkey by making it to retirement age.
My small town youth world is so drastically different than today's world. While the changes have been enormous because of technology I often feel western civilization has declined in many ways. The standards for behavior are drastically different than the behavioral expectations I grew up under. The words sensibility, mannerly, and civility come to mind. I see a lot less of it today.
That is so very right.

Last Friday was my last day. Sixty days to social security when I turn 65 on July 15. I plan to finish my doctorate in econ, maybe teach history to these growing home school modules (I never wanted to be a lawyer-only thing my parents ever made me do of any importance whatsoever, I wanted to teach history). So, I shocked everyone's monkey by making it to retirement age.

That is so very right.
So you are about to retire and still working to achieve your Phd in econ? Is it just a personal goal deal?

So you are about to retire and still working to achieve your Phd in econ? Is it just a personal goal deal?
No, I just started in November of 2021. When I got out of politics and the kids were gone I picked up an MFA in military history. So, I can pompously say Bulldog, MA(Econ), MFA (military history), Doctor of Jurisprudence and Doctor of Philosophy (Econ).

I love to learn new things of interest or have a new and different view. Plus, I debated which actually requires HS and college kids learn how to quickly learn arguments at 400 wpm and spend 30-40 hours most weeks just researching and writing and another 10-15 hours practicing. So, you have to learn to understand and analyze complex issues the normies don't experience.

So learning is a compulsive lifetime habit, as is arguing. Even my dissertation will be an argument. "The Incredible Lightness of Being: Monetary Policy in a Post-Modern American Economy".

Last edited:

Latest posts