Anybody but Keno!

Hiring Keno is hiring Pearl 10 years ago.

If you don't like Keno, you really ought not want Pearl...

I honestly and seriously wonder if Pearl had not taken his shirt off and gone into the student section if people would have the infatuation with him that they do. Sure his energy is great, and yes he is a great coach, but he is far from the only great coach.

Would I prefer Pearl to Keno? Yes. But only because he is already established. Going with the logic that someone already established may be thumbing their nose at this job, I think Keno would be a GREAT hire.

Hiring Keno is hiring Pearl 10 years ago.
WTF are you talking about??

Keno has been a head coach for 3 years. 1 good year at Drake. 1 mediocre year at Providence. 1 bad year at Providence.

Pearl coached at Southern Indiana for 9 years. Won a DII National Title, had another runner-up year, and won 4 conference titles. He posted a record of 231–46.

Pearl then coached for 5 years at UW-Milwaukee. He won two conference titles and subsequently took his team to the NCAA tournament twice. His team advanced to the Sweet 16 in 2005.

Pearl's resume pre-Tenn >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Keno's current resume.

rodg12....so you think we should hire a D2 coach? Are you honestly saying that a D2 coach with success would be better than someone who has lead a D1 program to the NCAA tournament? That's some crazy talk.....

I'm sure Barta is out scouring the D2 ranks as we speak.

rodg12....so you think we should hire a D2 coach? Are you honestly saying that a D2 coach with success would be better than someone who has lead a D1 program to the NCAA tournament? That's some crazy talk.....

I'm sure Barta is out scouring the D2 ranks as we speak.

He was at the D2 level because of the blackballing that happened to him. He also did his due time at three different BCS level schools as an assistant too.

I'm well aware of that. The poster disputed that Pearl by the time he was 37 was more experienced than Keno and that simply isn't true.

I'm well aware of that. The poster disputed that Pearl by the time he was 37 was more experienced than Keno and that simply isn't true.
Of course he was. Even at the D1 level...

5 yrs HC > 3 yrs HC
2 NCAA tournaments > 1
1 Sweet 16 > 0

He kills him in years as an assistant coach at the D1 level as well.

Latest posts