Any word on McCauley or other recruits

Looks good for McCauley, I'll ask about Rauser. They can't sign until the October/November time frame.

Would be awesome to get McCauley!! But where is/are the Rauser twins from and do we have any interest or hope of getting McIntosh?

There is definitely interest in both McIntosh and his teamate Tank Knowles but I wouldn't hold my breath on either of them. McIntosh is going to be a very hard sell and I would expect Cal Poly and Okie St to be near the top of his list.

McCauley will hopefully commit soon and would be an GREAT addition to the room to say the least! I'm hopeful on at least 1 of the Rauser twins but don't know that they'll both go the college route together. Oldschoolhawk, the Rausers are from Montana and are both top 100 recruits and very tough lightweights!

We need to be sure to save some money for the juniors to be class as that is a very good class with a bunch of guys to be interested in:

Freddie Rodriguez 125
Corey Clark 125/133
Dylan Peters 125
Jack Hathaway 125/133
Eric Devos 125/133
Jason Tsirtsis 141
Taylor Massa 165/174
Justin Koethe 165/174

Factory, Basically take that list down to the Iowa kids and maybe and a big maybe on J.T.
Koethe & Clark won't take much convincing to be Hawkeyes. Massa & Rodriquez will be extremely hard to get to go along with our depth at those weights honestly I don't know if we really "need" them. DeVos, Peters & Hathaway are all pretty solid wrestlers but not real sold on them persay.

2012 prioritys...

John Meeks
Cory Clark
Jason Tsirtsis

those are the three I really like

Meeks will be tough because his brother wrestles at Nebraska.

2012 prioritys...

John Meeks
Cory Clark
Jason Tsirtsis

those are the three I really like

Meeks will be tough because his brother wrestles at Nebraska.

I don't think there's a chance in hell Meeks becomes a Hawkeye so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Factory, Basically take that list down to the Iowa kids and maybe and a big maybe on J.T.
Koethe & Clark won't take much convincing to be Hawkeyes. Massa & Rodriquez will be extremely hard to get to go along with our depth at those weights honestly I don't know if we really "need" them. DeVos, Peters & Hathaway are all pretty solid wrestlers but not real sold on them persay.

I wouldn't be so sure on some of that Tobini. I don't think that Rodriguez will take much convincing and could easily be a Hawk. I would be surprised to see Massa or Tsirtsis though. I do think that Koethe is a likely Iowa recruit. Clark is kind of a question right now as I think that they will recruit him but don't know how much money they'll have for him and what his intentions are.

I don't think that Devos has progressed the way many had hoped and I don't think that he'll be a priority. I really like Peters a lot but he needs to get bigger and if the Hawks do land Rodriguez then that kind of takes away the need for him. Hathaway would be a solid recruit but not sure if he'll go the college route or the international route.

I wouldn't be so sure on some of that Tobini. I don't think that Rodriguez will take much convincing and could easily be a Hawk. I would be surprised to see Massa or Tsirtsis though. I do think that Koethe is a likely Iowa recruit. Clark is kind of a question right now as I think that they will recruit him but don't know how much money they'll have for him and what his intentions are.

I don't think that Devos has progressed the way many had hoped and I don't think that he'll be a priority. I really like Peters a lot but he needs to get bigger and if the Hawks do land Rodriguez then that kind of takes away the need for him. Hathaway would be a solid recruit but not sure if he'll go the college route or the international route.

I hope you are correct on Freddie as I really like how that kid gets after it. Peters, Clark and Hathaway are all very good and if one or two end up as 133 pounders it would help spread things out. I agree if we land Freddie the need for 125 will be lightened. I forgot about the Kingsley kid at AV who is very good as weel and in this class, probably projects at 149 or 157. All these kids have two full years of battles so it will be interesting to see how things shake out.

FF, Really Rodriquez is a possibility? That would be Great if possible. I also would be extremely suprised if the Hawks land Massa or Tsirtsis. Massa will cost to much and I don't think there is any interest on the Tsirtsis side. I would say out of all the Iowa recruits outside of Koethe I would take Peters if he gets big enough. The other ones are either no chance or just not developing like I am sure they had hoped.

Top 50 wrestlers in state of Iowa-Imo

• Brandon Sorenson-2x Fargo finalist, State champ, Cadet all tourney team.Has proven track record vs national competition;.UNI connection. HS record 55-0
  • Cory Clark-2x state champ 5x aa,undefeated in Iowa. 7 losses this summer. Wants to be a Hawk. HS record 92-0
  • Justin Koethe-2x Fargo finalist, 6x aa, 3x Fila Cadet Finalist. Should be untouchable his final 2 seasons.10 losses this summer.Works with Mark Ironside.Hawk connection. HS record 81-10
  • Jack Hathaway-3x Fargo finalist 6x aa, Has the most wins over ranked national competition in state. 2x cadet all tourney team.7 losses this summer. Wins over Devos and Ryan. Works with Paul Donahoe. Hawk connection. HS record 93-9
  • Dylan Peters-In very weak 2a brackets at state, did very well at Fargo last 2 summers.6 losses this summer. Works with Nick Pickerell. UNI connection. HS record 99-1
  • Eric Devos-4x state finalist 2x aa - seems stuck between weights and needs to grow.10 losses this summer. UNI connection. HS record 90-7 in Iowa
  • Connor Ryan-2x state runner-up, Does not do well with national competition. Headed to new coach and program in fall. Works with Jody Strittmater. Hawk connection. HS record 71-5
  • Elijah Sullivan-Greco national champ, wild man and full of confidence. Some impressive wins nationally last 2 years. Coached by Kurt Wahle and Keith Massey. Iowa State and UNO connections. HS record 114-14
  • Phillip Laux-Freestyle national champ, 2x Fargo finalist, 7x aa, Wins over Joey Mckenna (Blair) and Freddie Rodriguez. Works with Pablo Ubasa. Hawk connection. HS record 41-1 sophmore year
  • Gabe Moreno-Loads of talent, looking forward to breakout year from him. Coached by Steve Knight. Iowa State connection. HS record 77-6
  • John Meeks- 2x State Champ; zero quality national wins in high school and chooses not to find them. Coached by Al Garrison. Nebraska connection. HS record 80-0
  • Jake Marlin – State Champ, 4th in FS @ Fargo,Very strong and dangerous and not afraid to go for it. Creston.HS record 43-3.Iowa State connection
Rest in no particular order-

• Cody Caldwell
  • Travis Mallo
  • Keegan Wakefield
  • Brandon Abernathy
  • Nate ShawTopher Carton
  • Stewart Holloway
  • Landon Williams
  • Tanner Weatherman
  • Bo Schlosser
  • Austin Blythe
  • Sawyer Farris
  • Gradey Gambrall
  • Brodie Berrie
  • Tyler Shulista
  • Christopher Halblom
  • Britt Thompson
  • Jordan Rinken
  • Cody Krumweide
  • Jake Kadel
  • Gunnar Wolfensperger
  • Chad Ryan
  • Ben Swalla
  • Aaron Sorenson
  • Bruce Mcwilliams
  • Joe Scanlan
  • Garrett Hathaway
  • Logan Mulnix
  • Willie Miklus
  • Tanner Hiatt
  • Adam Perrin
  • Jay Hildreth
  • Gustavo Martinez
  • Bubba Hernandez
  • Alex Meyer
  • Blake Sorenson
  • Trevor Voelker
  • Tyler Patten
  • Colby Knight

Iowarulz, pretty nice list overall. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the board. I have 2 things about the list though. Austin Blythe definitely deserves to be mentioned with the cream of the crop in Iowa and should be one of the names at the top but at least he was mentioned.

There are many names that you could debate to be on the list but I did see 1 very glaring omission from your list entirely. I think that you better add Dakota Bauer to the list! That was the main name that jumped out to me as missing.

Fulsaas fan,
You are right to a point,I should have Bauer ahead of Kadel since he beat him twice head to head this summer. The reason I left Dakota out was he seems to have gone backwards while attending Ballard. He started out with a state championship as a freshmen then got 7th as sophmore with alot of the same guys in the bracket in 2a. He followed up with a 4-4 record at jr duals and several losses at eastern Iowa freestyle duals. If I was to pick another wrestler on the way up, it would be Kyle Larson. He won jr state and went 7-0 at jr duals taking the easier matches at 125 with Hathaway bumping up and taking on the big guns Whitford, Weber, and Squire. He may be able to redeem himself this year as he is transferring for the 3rd time to Denver with some great partners and a school with a vision. Good luck Dakota.

Latest posts