Any Pro Day Updates?

Great question/thread. I'm chomping at the bit here too. It has to be well under way if not already done depending on what time they started.

We have a press conference at 3. Here are the guys working out: Beathard, Coluzzi, Croston, Daniels, Ekakitie, Gair, Johnson, King, Kittle, Mabin, McCarron

4.5 flat isn’t bad for him at all. It’s not ideal or the cookie cutter fast 4.4 time most want for DBs but it’s not going to drop him to the 4th round or anything. I was afraid he was going to be slower than that like closer to a 4.58 or something. I think that should cement him to be a 3rd round or hopefully better pick in a deep DB draft.

Most of the guys weren't aware of their test results. Cole Croston popped a 32-inch vertical.

Numbers will leak out tonight in the coming days.

Jaleel Johnson declined interviews. He was the only one. Not sure if that was because of performance or what.

I missed interviewing Greg Mabin. Got out of there before I got him.

What is Drew Ott up to these days? Could he have participated if interested? Did he spend any time in any NFL camps at all last year?

Huh? DK decided to go with Drew Rosenhaus as his agent. Not hating on it ....DR is good at his job.

Apparently a 4.26 is needed for separation in GDGD route trees
0228gdavis_luc_1367110a.jpg

So GD has had a sub 4.4 guy each of the last 3 years. Powell, T. smith and now McCarron. And some feel like we can't improve on GD, and he wasn't a problem.

So GD has had a sub 4.4 guy each of the last 3 years. Powell, T. smith and now McCarron. And some feel like we can't improve on GD, and he wasn't a problem.

Dean, the problem is that we never have fast WR's. Kirk only recruits plodders.

Dean, the problem is that we never have fast WR's. Kirk only recruits plodders.

It is a tired, worn out and incorrect argument. I would totally agree that over the last 5 years we didn't' have a passing scheme that could take advantage of the speed we did have. I would say part of that is attributed to the fact we wouldn't change from a power running game. Everything was too congested to the LOS, and good teams would knock our receivers off their routes, and take us out of our game.

Before we took advantage down the field with our TE, with crossing routes with the WR, etc. Hopefully those days are coming back and the further away from the GD time here, the more I'm confident that we can get back on track and be an offense ranked in the 60's and 70's of all D1 teams instead of the 90's and 100's like under Greg.

Latest posts