Any news on Washpun's meeting with Fran?

I hate to take away from previous posters but he said that he is a hawkeye fan from way back.

Put yourself in his shoes and tell me where you would want to go?

Yes, it's easy for us to say Iowa...............

It's just as easy for him to say the same thing.

I have no inside info, but given that he has been a huge Iowa fan, I like our chances...

Plus he can be part of the class that brings the program back

If goes to Tenn, he is putting a ton of faith into a coach that has already left the school he was recruiting him to. WW mentioned he was the first to recruit him and has believed in him. That may be true, but hard to believe he would turn down something as logical as Iowa over Tenn for so many reasons just because of a coach. I know it happens. Would think it would be much easier and enjoyable for his parents as well at Iowa.

I'm not concerned in the least about Washpun. I would be shocked if he doesn't choose Iowa. I think he will. It's the other kids like Olaseni (Oklahoma) and Katenda (Notre Dame) that has me wondering. Eli Carter also. Where is that kid going to wind up?

olesani. katenda. and washpun will shut up ryno and the nancy's. I have a man crush on fran and staff. they will get it done.

olesani. katenda. and washpun will shut up ryno and the nancy's. I have a man crush on fran and staff. they will get it done.

I say you all put something down on it. 2 out of 3. If either 2 of these guys sign with Iowa, or don't. All the losers have to eat crow and then have a self-imposed ban from the site for a week. Any takers? My gut feeling says Iowa gets 2 out of 3.

I say you all put something down on it. 2 out of 3. If either 2 of these guys sign with Iowa, or don't. All the losers have to eat crow and then have a self-imposed ban from the site for a week. Any takers? My gut feeling says Iowa gets 2 out of 3.

I haven't been part of this thread until now, but sign me up. The way things have gone with recruiting, it doesn't seem we have had much luck signing players unless we get them early before they draw much attention. So I am not optimistic on our odds with any given recruit.

I will gladly eat crow and ban myself for a week if we get 2 of the 3 from this list of prospects. That would be great if it happens, but my gut says it won't..

It's time for the law of a averages to Lick in and for the University of Iowa's men's basketball team to land a couple of great recruits. The average doesn't include Basabe or Cartwright. Why? Because I said so that's why and besides if we don't count those two it increases our chances. :) crossing fingers with lucky rabbits foot in my pocket along with a brand new penny in my shoe.

Not sure why this is worth a "Yikes". Kuonzo has been after Wes for quite a while now, and Fran just got in on him. He was Kuonzo's to lose, IMO.

It's a "yikes" because he played high school ball 30 min from Iowa City and is a self described lifelong hawkeye fan. Those are the types of kids that you normally can put on the back burner. It seems Fran waited too long to offer.

It's also a yikes, because there's a very real possibility that the hawks will miss on Jackson, Stokes, and Carter. If that happens, there's still time to land a quality PG, see Bryce Cartwright, but there would have to be some concern about Fran's ability to close the deal. Relying on diamond in the rough recruits signed in May/June is not a solid strategy.

Latest posts