Any iPhone Users Upgrading To The 14?

Fryowa

Administrator
I am. I'm currently driving an 11 pro max and the screen is going tits up. Planned obsolescence at its best.

I've been on the max size for a couple cycles now and to be honest I really want to go to the smaller Pro vs Pro Max, but I like the bigger screen and longer battery life. The Max is just a PITA being so heavy and large. I'm a heavy phone user for work/personal email, work/personal texts, and web use.

I know there are really good Android phones out there right now, but I'm an Apple guy. Their ecosystem has had me sucked in since the 4S, and it would be a gigantic shit show for me to change. And honestly, the ecosystem just works and I like it, even if you can't customize your phone experience. It's simple, straightforward, and it works.

Anyone else upgrading?

I am. I'm currently driving an 11 pro max and the screen is going tits up. Planned obsolescence at its best.

I've been on the max size for a couple cycles now and to be honest I really want to go to the smaller Pro vs Pro Max, but I like the bigger screen and longer battery life. The Max is just a PITA being so heavy and large. I'm a heavy phone user for work/personal email, work/personal texts, and web use.

I know there are really good Android phones out there right now, but I'm an Apple guy. Their ecosystem has had me sucked in since the 4S, and it would be a gigantic shit show for me to change. And honestly, the ecosystem just works and I like it, even if you can't customize your phone experience. It's simple, straightforward, and it works.

Anyone else upgrading?
Possibly. Will talk to my kids, of course.

My philosophy on upgrading phones is I won't do it until I hit the point where the old one won't run anymore.

Would be interesting to know who uses what and how old.

I use a knock-off Galaxy with 5G but I don't use that yet. The wife did a radiation test on it. Really kicks it out when a call is ongoing. So does the microwave...

Would be interesting to know who uses what and how old.

I use a knock-off Galaxy with 5G but I don't use that yet. The wife did a radiation test on it. Really kicks it out when a call is ongoing. So does the microwave...

I ran an iphone 5 for years until they said it wouldn't work on the network anymore. I currently run an iphone 8 that I got when it was a generation old. I think I got it in summer 2018. It's still going strong. I've only let it upgrade the OS one time and it runs fine, but some apps are barking at me for a new OS, however, they still run on the old one. In my experience the OS upgrades are the things that can nuke a phone. I do think they've gotten better about them than they were. It used to be if you upgraded the OS you had to go buy a new battery within a month.

Anyone else upgrading?

Yea, after years of frustration with my I-phone, I upgraded back to Android and now to my Android Pixel. It feels so good to go back and such a relief, like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

In contrast, at the same time, my wife transitioned from an Android to the I-phone, because she wants to be cool like the young ones, and absolutely is frustrated with it.

My philosophy on upgrading phones is I won't do it until I hit the point where the old one won't run anymore.

Yea, this is me. After years, I check the battery efficiency and when it gets below a certain threshold I make the upgrade. I was rockin' the I-phone 8 until about a month ago. This is prob the most excited I was ever about updating and dumping a phone. As you can tell, I'm not an Apple fan. Think they are the most overrated POS for a product. People get locked into them, then they are screwed as it is such a pain in the azz to change.

I never let myself get to that point with them.

Yea, this is me. After years, I check the battery efficiency and when it gets below a certain threshold I make the upgrade. I was rockin' the I-phone 8 until about a month ago. This is prob the most excited I was ever about updating and dumping a phone. As you can tell, I'm not an Apple fan. Think they are the most overrated POS for a product. People get locked into them, then they are screwed as it is such a pain in the azz to change.

I never let myself get to that point with them.
Ford/Chevy.

I've had every iPhone since the 4S except for the 12 & 13.

I've also had 3 Android phones, one for personal and 2 for work. Simply put, Android phones are for people who want to be able to change their home screens, or change colors or fonts, or make customizations. As a trade-off for that, you get a hot mess of an ecosystem. My experience is that Android is a hit or miss hodge podge where apps aren't consistent between others, quality is sub par to Apple versions, updates and which phones get what updates are a dumpster fire.

Apple may be locked down as far as what things look like and how it operates, but everything is consistent and it just works. With Android you can have ten different phones in the room, all updated as far as the phone allows, running 10 different versions of Android. It's crazy.

With Apple every phone gets the most current iOS version available at the same time. It's super stable. And because Apple has such an enormous market share (right or wrong), their apps get by far the most attention from developers and work vastly better in many cases.

I'm a person who depends on his phone for both home and work life. I need a product that's the most reliable and works the best that I can get. That's been Apple for me. I'm not a fanboy and I don't own a single other branded Apple.

I updated to the iPhone 13 mini, as I don't like carrying the larger iPad sized phones. Looks like I will be SOL next time I need to upgrade. Maybe by then my eyes will be bad enough I won't mind carrying the larger phone.

Ford/Chevy.

I've had every iPhone since the 4S except for the 12 & 13.

I've also had 3 Android phones, one for personal and 2 for work. Simply put, Android phones are for people who want to be able to change their home screens, or change colors or fonts, or make customizations. As a trade-off for that, you get a hot mess of an ecosystem. My experience is that Android is a hit or miss hodge podge where apps aren't consistent between others, quality is sub par to Apple versions, updates and which phones get what updates are a dumpster fire.

Apple may be locked down as far as what things look like and how it operates, but everything is consistent and it just works. With Android you can have ten different phones in the room, all updated as far as the phone allows, running 10 different versions of Android. It's crazy.

With Apple every phone gets the most current iOS version available at the same time. It's super stable. And because Apple has such an enormous market share (right or wrong), their apps get by far the most attention from developers and work vastly better in many cases.

I'm a person who depends on his phone for both home and work life. I need a product that's the most reliable and works the best that I can get. That's been Apple for me. I'm not a fanboy and I don't own a single other branded Apple.
You have bias and that's OK. I do android and the wife uses apple. I don't run into the issues you are talking about. When the wife's phone has issues (apple), it takes so much more time to solve. My phone is my business life. Apple would drive me more insane than I already am.

In the end, it's about personal choice. Maybe some day I'll switch, but I wish the wife would divorce apple.

Latest posts