Any info on the Iowa vs Creighton scrimmage?

Two things.

I call BS on the tie, no way that actually ended in a real tie.

Also, I hope Aaron White was one of the best players on the court bince he is our best player and their were only two teams there.

It's tough to read too much into a controlled scrimmage - probably playing a lot of different line ups and situational stuff... and since the coaches aren't allowed to talk score or stats and it's closed to the public, there could have been an agreement to call it a tie or have it end in tie regardless before the game even started. Some years more info leaks out from these so I figured I'd ask.

I certainly hope Iowa didn't really "tie" with a McDermott-less Creighton. That would be very concerning. Like InGoodCo said, I assume this was worked out to where both teams agreed to work on situations and line-ups rather than true game-like scrimmage. If it was and Iowa did tie...WOOF

I guess I think, why end on a tie? There's a lot that can learned and worked on from a situation like that. Unless you agreed to say it was a tie before hand or came to an agreement to call it a tie so nothing really comes out from inside leaks. I don't read too much into it regardless, but it's not like CU is garbage. They return a lot of upper class players and even though they are being picked at pretty close to the cellar of the Big East, I expect them to finish around 5th or 6th. Lots of good guards on that team.

I heard both sapp and mike started

If true, that is interesting but not totally unexpected. Hopefully, Clemmons returns to form this season. According to news reports, he worked hard to turn around his game. This reminds me of Basabe after his weak sophomore outing. Of course, Basabe never quite became the player we thought he could be but his junior and senior campaigns were markedly better than his sophomore year. If he plays good defense and doesn't turn the ball over, he should get at least 20 minutes per game.

If true, that is interesting but not totally unexpected. Hopefully, Clemmons returns to form this season. According to news reports, he worked hard to turn around his game. This reminds me of Basabe after his weak sophomore outing. Of course, Basabe never quite became the player we thought he could be but his junior and senior campaigns were markedly better than his sophomore year. If he plays good defense and doesn't turn the ball over, he should get at least 20 minutes per game.

Furthermore, the starting 5 were Sapp, Mike, JU, White, and Woodbury. Take it how you want to...

Furthermore, the starting 5 were Sapp, Mike, JU, White, and Woodbury. Take it how you want to...

Thank god...I was afraid we may be starting 5 white guys. If JO would have been in the starting lineup, would this have made news...or will it? I think BYU even starts a few black players. We all know black players tend to be a little more robotic and less athletic, but it's kind of out there that we would be so bold as to keep them all on the bench. If Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are in the stands for the first game, we are screwed.

I certainly hope Iowa didn't really "tie" with a McDermott-less Creighton. That would be very concerning. Like InGoodCo said, I assume this was worked out to where both teams agreed to work on situations and line-ups rather than true game-like scrimmage. If it was and Iowa did tie...WOOF

It was a scrimmage. Let's not give up on the season quite yet.

If it's like every scrimmage I've ever participated in or coached, there was no scoreboard and it was a controlled game. Play would be stopped at any time for a coach to step in and teach in order to correct mistakes. For a while a team would work on only offense, then for a while they'd work on only defense... regardless of the whether or not the offense scored. For a fan, scrimmages are boring and confusing; for a coach they are a very valuable teaching tool. So a "tie" is most likely the only possible outcome.

Latest posts