Any chance at NCAA without JBo?

Guard play, specifically on defense the rest of the year, will tell you if we make the dance.
Oddly enough I’m not nearly as concerned about this as in prior years. Toussaint is a huge upgrade to Jbo on defense, and even Evelyn who’s minutes should go up is better than Jbo in that regard. Fredrick has been solid on defense for the most part as well.

My biggest concerns without Jbo are depth, 3pt shooting / spacing on offense, and clutch shot making.

Are you under the impression that he’s losing weight right now? That could be I have no idea I just haven’t heard that.

Again I’m talking about if he’s healthy and can handle it, and feels it’s the right decision for him.

What this comes down to is who would I rather see spot minutes go to between Evelyn, Pemsl, and Till. I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to think Pat can play better than those guys. He was a consensus top 100 recruit, and some of the other players on the team have spoken fairly highly of him in the past.
I don't get why people are so concerned about Pat's weight. Especially after seeing how Iowa State's best player is built like a skinny version of Shawn Bradley
Haliburton_Tyrese_SetonHall_2019_20_1.jpg

Assuming everyone is back next year, Iowa should have a stacked and dangerous team. However, there is zero depth behind Garza at all. That's why the Xavier Foster thing kind of shocked me. Fran has no heir apparent at center coming in either next year which is scary. Maybe Garza can be a 2 time all american and Fran can use that to pull in a top big man. He's going to need to.
What are you talking about dude Foster would've been nice but he got Josh Ugondele after Foster passed so you're no heir apparent thing kinda got shot. I didn't expect us to make it to the Dance this year with our schedule I've been pleasantly surprised. We make fewer TOs with Cook and Moss being around. BTW I've seen 4 MOss games and he's 0 fer from 3 and was at the ETSU v Kansas game and Bill Self yanked him 2x for stupid plays and was screaming at the kid.

What are you talking about dude Foster would've been nice but he got Josh Ugondele after Foster passed so you're no heir apparent thing kinda got shot. I didn't expect us to make it to the Dance this year with our schedule I've been pleasantly surprised. We make fewer TOs with Cook and Moss being around. BTW I've seen 4 MOss games and he's 0 fer from 3 and was at the ETSU v Kansas game and Bill Self yanked him 2x for stupid plays and was screaming at the kid.

I get that winning is fun and all, but how fun can it possibly be to win for one year on a team you haven't even really established as "your team". If you put me on the US Olympic team as said "go stand in a corner while we win" it would leave me with some great memories. But I'm not sure how fulfilling it would be as a competitor. Everyone's different tho I guess.

Yeah dickbag had you kept reading this very fucking thread you woulda gotten to the part where I said I forgot about ogundele.

Yeah dickbag had you kept reading this very fucking thread you woulda gotten to the part where I said I forgot about ogundele.
Yeah dickbag maybe learn how to edit your post so we don't have to scroll through reams of bogus information first.

I said in another thread....I think 15-5 wins outright and 14-6 shares it.

So we need to come up with 3-4 road wins and lock down carver with this as our remaining schedule:

Wednesday, February 5th: @Purdue (39, Q1)
Saturday, February 8th: Nebraska (170, Q4)
Thursday, February 13th: @Indiana (51, Q1)
Sunday, February 16th: @Minnesota (44, Q1)
Thursday, February 20th: Ohio State (20, Q1)
Tuesday, February 25th: @Michigan State (10, Q1)
Saturday, February 29th: Penn State (24, Q1)
Tuesday, March 3rd: Purdue (39, Q2)
Sunday, March 8th: @Illinois (30, Q1)

Winning out at Carver is tough but doable, but we absolutely need wins at Purdue, Indiana, and Minnesota. That would get us to 14-6 without the need for wins @Michigan State or @Illinois. We'll know a lot more about exactly what we need after the week or two. Illinois has to play Maryland and Michigan St. and follows that up with @Rutgers and @Penn State. Michigan St. has Penn St. then @Illinois, @Mich, and Maryland. Hopefully when the dust settles, we'll still be in position.

Just glad I didn’t post on this thread when it first came out. I’d be eating my words :oops: and be embarrassed :rolleyes:. Would have not have seen this coming. To predict how well we have done up to this point would have been like getting run over by a semi. o_O

Got to give Fran a lot of credit thus far. :cool:

Also give him credit for recruiting Frederick. He been like a Freddy Kruger to opposing defenses.:eek: a nightmare on 1 Elliot Drive. :mad:

If everyone that is eligible to return next season does and everyone is healthy there are going to be a lot of these in Hawkeye Land;

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Latest posts