Anthony Clemmons

I see Ingram, Clemmons, Olaseni, and Meyer as a bench that will allow Fran to raise the tempo, not back it down, when the starters come out. That could really wear teams down.

Ingram and Clemmons look very explosive in the vids that have been circulated since they signed (that first vid of Ingram didn't really show his athleticism -- asshat for me for doubting him). By all accounts Olaseni looks like he could eventually thrive in an uptempo game. I've seen Meyer a couple of times, and my first impression was "bigger version of Bowen," or maybe Al Lorenzen 2.0 -- he's more athletic than he looks, can run the floor, will give the team a lot of intensity off the bench. I get the feeling we might see him more at the 4 than the 5.

When is the last time we saw a Hawk team that was able to take the speed up a notch when the bench came in? This is going to be fun....

I see that the Michigan website rated Hawkins as the #1 shooting guard til he left for Huntington Prep. Also note that he played on the same AAU team,Mustangs 17U, as Clemmons. Would be nice to have them come as a backcourt duo. Work on him,Anthony!

I saw that and as much as I would like to see the scholly saved for 13. If a top 100 player is available you gotta give it out.

He looks pretty good on the video and someone wrote that he was ranked the #1 pg out of Michigan. Yet, he was only recruited by MAC schools and Iowa. What a disconnect that is. Someone explain please.

I see Ingram, Clemmons, Olaseni, and Meyer as a bench that will allow Fran to raise the tempo, not back it down, when the starters come out. That could really wear teams down.

Ingram and Clemmons look very explosive in the vids that have been circulated since they signed (that first vid of Ingram didn't really show his athleticism -- asshat for me for doubting him). By all accounts Olaseni looks like he could eventually thrive in an uptempo game. I've seen Meyer a couple of times, and my first impression was "bigger version of Bowen," or maybe Al Lorenzen 2.0 -- he's more athletic than he looks, can run the floor, will give the team a lot of intensity off the bench. I get the feeling we might see him more at the 4 than the 5.

When is the last time we saw a Hawk team that was able to take the speed up a notch when the bench came in? This is going to be fun....
Both Ingram and Clemmons are very skilled on the defensive end, and will really help implement the press and half court trap, PalmettoHawk. Meyer might be a better scorer that The Vanilla Gorilla was. Loved Al, he took no prisoners under the basket. I remember the Oklahoma game at the Kingdome, Mr. Davis's first year, after a missed free throw, everybody leaped for the ball, there was a scrum and Al came out holding the ball while two Sooners were laying on the ground. He and Ed Horton were a handful for our opponents underneath.

He looks pretty good on the video and someone wrote that he was ranked the #1 pg out of Michigan. Yet, he was only recruited by MAC schools and Iowa. What a disconnect that is. Someone explain please.

Well it is a highlight video. Usually players try and put their best plays on these videos. There is a lot more to evaluating a player than a 5 minute tape.

1) He's not the star of either his HS or AAU teams. In that respect, he's similar to Aaron White or Mel Basabe prior to their senior seasons.

2) He's has a rep as being a defense first, pass second, shoot third PG. That kind of player could be really, really useful, but might not be high in recruiting rankings.

3) Grades? Anything out there on his GPA and ACT?

4) I like the look of this kid -- the last backup PG we had out of Michigan was productive (Atura M. "Snoop" Glasper) and if at worst he turns into a Kevin Smith or Brian Garner type (on the court), then that's all right in an uptempo system.

Latest posts