Another Rumor

Golfer

I hate to post this, and then leave for a fish fry, but I guess it's not quite over down there in Iowa City.

There are some hurt feelings in the athletic department and football program right now (anger might be more accurate), and I'm getting more info right now.

It seems the differences are going to be settled quietly.

KoK was a combination of pay, time to move on, and from what I'm hearing, the last straw of the p/c admin. down there.

It's a bit worrisome.

And now a note for all of those HN Legends, that will insult me for spreading rumors, and defaming people. It ceases being a rumor when it is true, and I haven't insulted anyone (unlike some on here). I care about Iowa football, and the student athletes.

If Jon wants to kick me off, it is his business decision, and if he feels I'm defaming, and spreading rumors, he shall run his business as he sees fit. I respect that.

I hate to post this, and then leave for a fish fry, but I guess it's not quite over down there in Iowa City.

There are some hurt feelings in the athletic department and football program right now (anger might be more accurate), and I'm getting more info right now.

It seems the differences are going to be settled quietly.

KoK was a combination of pay, time to move on, and from what I'm hearing, the last straw of the p/c admin. down there.

It's a bit worrisome.

And now a note for all of those HN Legends, that will insult me for spreading rumors, and defaming people. It ceases being a rumor when it is true, and I haven't insulted anyone (unlike some on here). I care about Iowa football, and the student athletes.

If Jon wants to kick me off, it is his business decision, and if he feels I'm defaming, and spreading rumors, he shall run his business as he sees fit. I respect that.

keep it coming. i've seen nothing you've said that is bad.

So if true, could this be one of the reasons for the end results of the past couple of seasons? So the new DC is going to make some coin, more than KOK, that would mean a bigger name hire? This could get real interesting.

I was hoping for some word that Sally Mason was the next to leave.

This one, I shall leave alone, as I will surely get myself in trouble if I comment. And yes, I've met her. Sit in her box, as a guest of a guest, at every opening game.

I prefer my seats on the 25. Not being critical, but I'm just a football fan, and not overly into academics. I'm interested in academics. They aren't one bit interested in football.

This one, I shall leave alone, as I will surely get myself in trouble if I comment. And yes, I've met her. Sit in her box, as a guest of a guest, at every opening game.

I prefer my seats on the 25. Not being critical, but I'm just a football fan, and not overly into academics. I'm interested in academics. They aren't one bit interested in football.

they like the end result - the $.

I was hoping for some word that Sally Mason was the next to leave.
This one, I shall leave alone, as I will surely get myself in trouble if I comment. And yes, I've met her. Sit in her box, as a guest of a guest, at every opening game. I prefer my seats on the 25. Not being critical, but I'm just a football fan, and not overly into academics. I'm interested in academics. They aren't one bit interested in football.

Sit in her box??? Might want to rephrase that :)

I said a month ago we'd see more staff changes and I still think at least one may move on to another opportunity as well. Who becomes the new dcord will determine how that may play out.

they like the end result - the $.

If you drill down into this. The athletic department losing money, the shell game, you'll start to really understand how it works.

I have been extremely critical. I have gotten ripped for it. I get overly passionate, but you have identified the reason for my being upset at some longevity issues, which have both served us well, and otherwise.

Although I'm excited about the future, I'm disgusted by the treatment of Norm (and some others thins, best not to mention right now). He needed to be gone two years ago. Nothing personal. No argument with his performance by me (please read this again, before you rip me). They could have retired him. Made him an honorary coach, gave him a decent paying job.

But no, we can't afford it (ah, not true). And now where are we at? In semi-crisis.

If you drill down into this. The athletic department losing money, the shell game, you'll start to really understand how it works.

I have been extremely critical. I have gotten ripped for it. I get overly passionate, but you have identified the reason for my being upset at some longevity issues, which have both served us well, and otherwise.

Although I'm excited about the future, I'm disgusted by the treatment of Norm (and some others thins, best not to mention right now). He needed to be gone two years ago. Nothing personal. No argument with his performance by me (please read this again, before you rip me). They could have retired him. Made him an honorary coach, gave him a decent paying job.

But no, we can't afford it (ah, not true). And now where are we at? In semi-crisis.

i wouldn't rip you about your feelings on norm.

i would have no idea how that went down. ferentz in charge, ultimately (i assume) and he made the decision to let norm go out on his own terms, i'm guessing. maybe norm was pushed out this year, i have no idea.

i do know it had to stress the staff a bit - the xtra work load given his condition.

Latest posts