another question

When I see him running baseline frantically, heading for a screen and a shot, I head to the kitchen to put my junk in the blender. Hitting high on that blender and just having my gonads tore up beyond repair is less painful than the thought of us running the chucker off screen after screen because one time in a game (and all practice long) he hit a couple. As one poster said, the ogleclankbrick experiment is over. You make or your out.

McCaffery knows the game. He knows his players. Oglesby has played more minutes this year than Woodbury, Olesani, Jok, and Clemmons. And he deserves every one of them. He has the best assist to turnover ratio on the team at 3.2 to 1, He has more rebounds than any of the backcourt players. He's made all this FTs. And McCaffery has made positive remarks about his defense, as well as being a level-headed, experienced team player.

I would expect Oglesby to continue to get the 4th highest minutes on the team as the season progresses, and I have no problem with it. I also expect him to make some key shots in key situations.

Last edited:
Up 2 with 3 seconds to play. Minny has the inbounds and needs points to tie or win.

Your 5 on the floor are

Gesell - check
White - check
Olaseni - check
Clemmons - check
Oglesby - really?

So the guy that has length and stats that are off the charts tonight is sitting in the bench while a flat footed clod who is terrible at d tries to guard. Another wtf moment.

You are not only stupid to suggest that O. can't guard, but also you should be banned for name calling. The biggest WTF moment is you not being banned immediately. The only consolation is that the name calling of players and coaches has been rampant on this site for several weeks and absolutely no action has been taken. If I am wrong JM, correct me.

I'm happy with the current 9 player rotation. I really like the way Uhl is coming along. Fran obviously does as well since his minutes continue to increase.

We won. As long as we have 1 more point than the opponent I'm happy and I'm not going to question a particular play or shot or personnel decision. It would take much much longer to list all of the things which were done right be it plays, shots or personnel/coaching decisions. Where is this thread? I would love to read about all of the things Iowa did right to get an important road win at Minnesota...like making sure Uthoff was taking the shots late in the game because he had a mismatch.

I have no idea how the fans perception of Josh Ogelsby's D got so overrated. He is not a good defender.

With that said... he's absolutely the best passer on the team.

it could just be because Josh plays pretty good defense.

This x10. Fran knows exactly what he's getting in Josh on defense. There is a trust that's been built with experience. With Jok, he could get Michael Jordan or he could get some junior high kid. He hasn't had enough defensive experience for Fran to trust or not trust him.

Wrong. If you get your man in the air, you take it to the rim. You have a man advantage if someone comes over to help and you dish it for an easy score or finish inside of 10'. Good disciplined teams only take the 17' jumper when forced, like at the end of the game (cough***cough***Uthoff last night) or when the shot clock is about to expire.

Josh did it perfectly against Nebraska toward the end of the game (I think about 3 min. left) when Nebraska had cut the lead to like 3 or 5. He got to the lane, and then took the shot and buried it.

Not necessarily. I used a lot of drills as a coach where the player would fake, dribble one time to the side (to get into a shooting rhythm) and then shoot. First left, then right. Then do the same thing with two dribbles. With the guards, you don't necessarily want them attacking the rim. (How many on here have criticized Gessel for doing exactly that?) You want the guard to pull up and shoot a high percentage jump shot while in rhythm.

When I see him running baseline frantically, heading for a screen and a shot, I head to the kitchen to put my junk in the blender. Hitting high on that blender and just having my gonads tore up beyond repair is less painful than the thought of us running the chucker off screen after screen because one time in a game (and all practice long) he hit a couple. As one poster said, the ogleclankbrick experiment is over. You make or your out.

You could probably charge admission for that....:eek:

That is strange because the Yahoo Sports story has a photo of the shot and it's Gesell flying by in the photo.

I was just wondering why the refs declared that they timed the clock snafu and that it was 2.7 seconds that they should take off the clock, which read 6.1 seconds, but then only took it down to 3.5? The announcers also confirmed it was 2.7 but my math tells me that's only 2.6.

In something that came down to a tenth of a second, that could have been big.

I have no idea how the fans perception of Josh Ogelsby's D got so overrated. He is not a good defender.

With that said... he's absolutely the best passer on the team.

agreed. i've watched nearly every minute, i just dont see it.

I was just wondering why the refs declared that they timed the clock snafu and that it was 2.7 seconds that they should take off the clock, which read 6.1 seconds, but then only took it down to 3.5? The announcers also confirmed it was 2.7 but my math tells me that's only 2.6.

In something that came down to a tenth of a second, that could have been big.

Math is hard.

I was puzzled to buy a blender, and only in the store I realized that I don’t understand anything :-D What are the advantages of the submersible https://ianboer.com.au, which is what about the bowl? Is it convenient for submersible to chop meat / fish? I repent, there everything flies in all directions .. What kind of power is really needed (maximum for the same meat and chopping ice), and what is already excessive? How many speeds are you really using? there are simple blenders, with 2 speeds, but with 16 8- (- do we need it?
The wife loves it when I go really fast.