Another possible walk-on

This is a feel good story! To me this is what college sports should be about.
Hope Andre get's that chance to make the team.

Welcome to the Jungle!!!

The Gorilla from the Southwind:D:D:D:D

no reason not to let him try out. helps in practice at the very least if he is what he sounds like.

Just a question: how many walk-ons can a program have?

There are no limits to how many walk ons a team can have. There are overall roster limits thought. The number of walkon's allowed will vary depending on how many players the team has on schollie.

Yes he can play defense. His feet are quick and his hands are lightning. If this kid were 6-2 he'd be in the NBA. Actually his game reminds me a lot of Rondo. He plays MUCH MUCH bigger than 5-9. He lead his team in rebounding in the NL rec leage and they had a front line of 6-8 and 6-6.

The comparison between him and John Lickligher is not a fair one. Im not sure about the mental aspect but Dre is light years better physically.
Similar to Kramer from Purdue?

Having Dre on the team and playing some might also help energize the students to come to the games to support him and the team.

Similar to Kramer from Purdue?

Are you asking me if he plays defense on the same level as the B10 defensive player of the year? I guess I'd say that is a stretch. He's obviously going to have size limitations but he's got the physical skills to stay in front of any player in the B10.

The reality is those two are two completely different players. It would be like trying to compare the defense of Mike Henderson to that of Erik Hansen.

Speaking of Mike Henderson thats probably a pretty good analagy of what kind of defender he could be.

I don't want him on the team...he's not a game changer and we need more game changers...

~THAT guy

However, HawkeyeShane would love to have him walk on and bust his butt for the team!

Are you asking me if he plays defense on the same level as the B10 defensive player of the year? I guess I'd say that is a stretch. He's obviously going to have size limitations but he's got the physical skills to stay in front of any player in the B10.

The reality is those two are two completely different players. It would be like trying to compare the defense of Mike Henderson to that of Erik Hansen.

Speaking of Mike Henderson thats probably a pretty good analagy of what kind of defender he could be.
Thanks for clearing that up, i didnt mean for him to being on the same level but like effort wise. Like does he consistently play good defense or does he have spurts were he has a few good possessions then some bad ones?

Thanks for clearing that up, i didnt mean for him to being on the same level but like effort wise. Like does he consistently play good defense or does he have spurts were he has a few good possessions then some bad ones?

Well it was a rec league so of course everyone takes posessions off.

I have no doubts he has the physical ablity to play solid peremiter D. I can't intelligently comment on whether or not he will do so consistently at Iowa should he get the opportunity. When it comes down to it D is just as much about hustle and effort than physical skills anyway.

Hope that helps.

Well it was a rec league so of course everyone takes posessions off.

I have no doubts he has the physical ablity to play solid peremiter D. I can't intelligently comment on whether or not he will do so consistently at Iowa should he get the opportunity. When it comes down to it D is just as much about hustle and effort than physical skills anyway.

Hope that helps.
Helps alot thanks for the info.

Is he better than John Lickliter?

Serious question.

I play with Dre all the time at the Field House and the simple answer is yes. He is much better than Jon Lickliter which is why it ****** me off so much that Lil Lick even got on the court. There were a handful of point guards in intramurals this year that were better than him.

Dre is one of the quickest players I have ever played with/against and I really think he would push Cully at the pg position. The worst case scenario is that you have a super athletic kid on the end of the bench who can at least help during practice.

Why Lick never even looked at having tryouts is beyond me. The Field House had as much talent as CHA did last year.

I am questioning why Lick did a lot of things that he did while here...but not allowing walk-ons is probably one of the biggest...ok, one of several.

Latest posts