Another one bites the dust...

I watched both Snyder and Taylor play well in WDM and in the spring game. Neither of them is afraid to hit. Depth at safety is not a concern of mine right now. There's plenty of other positions to worry about. Best of luck to Warfield in the future.

It's all Kurt's fault. He continually lets the best athletes on the team walk because he refuses to play them.

Did I do it right?

No, you didn't do it right. kfootball continually offers and signs players that aren't as good, apparently, as our walk-ons. Regardless, we'll have a walk-on in the 2 deeps instead of a scholarship player.

That's how you do it correctly.

Where do you get a source for that statistic? How do they keep track of it?

<edit>

Referencing that Iowa has the highest attrition in the Big Ten.

Last edited:
If he was a really top player he would be starting or 2nd string and he might have ended up there but sounds like he didnt want to wait.

Is the school he transferred to closer to his home?

No, you didn't do it right. kfootball continually offers and signs players that aren't as good, apparently, as our walk-ons. Regardless, we'll have a walk-on in the 2 deeps instead of a scholarship player.

Or you could go with... Of course lots of players leave. We never beat anyone bad enough to get backups some play time to keep them happy, even when we play pathetic teams like ISU.

And people wonder why some of us aren't all giddy about these "early commits" that have no offers from other programs. See Solomon Warfield for example of why I don't give them the benefit of the doubt like some do.

Warfield was offered by Michigan State, Penn State, West Virginia and a slew of others. Your response sure is weird and reeks of trying too hard.

Just read this. Looks like he had some good offers.

247sports ranked Warfield as a 3-star safety coming out of Lorain, OH (St. Edward) as a 2013 recruit. He was ranked as the No. 44 safety nationally, per the industry generated 247Sports Composite, and he committed to Iowa over notable offers from Michigan State, Penn State, Minnesota, Kentucky, Arizona, Arizona State, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Pitt and West Virginia among others.

What the article also points out is the number of walk-ons on the depth chart. Which equals 6.

I am too lazy and stupid to research where we rank with that. But that also seems high and probably a direct correlation to the highest attrition rate.

How is this not considered a HUGE fail from the head coach. A head coach with the longest tenure in the league. ???

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Hawknick
No Solomon is his first name, not his family name. So they are probably not related.

Wow... That one went right over your head....

Hand swipe over head!

But I was still the first one to point out that Kurt sux!

I win.

Warfield was offered by Michigan State, Penn State, West Virginia and a slew of others. Your response sure is weird and reeks of trying too hard.

Did I talk about his offers? The point is that that this staff doesn't have some magic vision of players that other teams don't see. When someone leaves it becomes "ahh he left cuz he wasn't good enough for the two deeps so who cares?". These are the same guys that 2 years ago everyone was all giddy about. So people want to be all excited about this class of players who have far less impressive offers than Solomon Warfield. Makes 0 sense.