Another In A Long Line Of Quality Players And Coaches In Lincoln

Disclaimer: The following is unsubstantiated and in no way, shape, or form justifies ever putting your hands on anyone, let alone a spouse or family member. At all. Ever. Anyone who does that deserves sever corporal punishment in my opinion.

I’m seeing several places on Twitter that his wife was allegedly involved with a player. I have no proof of that. If true however, what in the everloving hell is going on in that goddamned town? It’s like the fucking Twilight Zone. Just when you think it can’t get any weirder or creepier or more bonkers, something else comes along that takes it up another gear. Jesus H Mary Christ.
No excuse but isn't she pretty young?

No excuse but isn't she pretty young?
I think there's a 20 ish year age difference.

Has nothing to do with what's going on, but nebraska football has just been nothing but a dumpster fire soap opera for 20 years. There's less drama and side stories at Caanes than in Lincoln.

Here's more detail on what happened.

What I want to know is this...

What kind of toilet did they have that he thought he could flush a phone? Do rich people have toilets that proles like myself haven't been made aware of?

Too bad there's a 99% chance he gets probation.

Side note...

I've been really, really mad before. I've never had a significant other cheat on me with one of my players, but I've been absolutely stark raving furious a couple times in my life to the point where I couldn't talk and thought I was going to pass out or something. Once was at my own mother who I've always loved dearly and still do. Once was at the mother of my son who I've had a mostly great relationship with for the past 16 years.

But I don't understand the physicality part. I can honestly say I've never felt like I was close to trying to choke someone or punch them like that, especially a female who's smaller and weaker than me. I get that everyone's brains are different and we all supposedly have a tipping point; we all have different childhoods and experiences, maybe there's some CTE undertones...etc. but I just don't understand that kind of thing.

If I found out my wife was banging a player I can't sit here and tell you what I'd do, but I can think of a hell of a lot of other things I'd hope I'd do first. Go outside and punch the garden shed if you need to. Go walk down the street and call one of your friends or a fellow coach to come get you for a while if you need to. It ain't worth your life and chances are you're going to hurt a lot more things in your life than the person you're roughing up.

F that nasty piece of shit

I am fairly certain that Washington's hit on Cooper Dejean was deliberate

Take out one of both of our defensive backs

Concentrate on his/their replacement's position

Side note...

I've been really, really mad before. I've never had a significant other cheat on me with one of my players, but I've been absolutely stark raving furious a couple times in my life to the point where I couldn't talk and thought I was going to pass out or something. Once was at my own mother who I've always loved dearly and still do. Once was at the mother of my son who I've had a mostly great relationship with for the past 16 years.

But I don't understand the physicality part. I can honestly say I've never felt like I was close to trying to choke someone or punch them like that, especially a female who's smaller and weaker than me. I get that everyone's brains are different and we all supposedly have a tipping point; we all have different childhoods and experiences, maybe there's some CTE undertones...etc. but I just don't understand that kind of thing.

If I found out my wife was banging a player I can't sit here and tell you what I'd do, but I can think of a hell of a lot of other things I'd hope I'd do first. Go outside and punch the garden shed if you need to. Go walk down the street and call one of your friends or a fellow coach to come get you for a while if you need to. It ain't worth your life and chances are you're going to hurt a lot more things in your life than the person you're roughing up.
You make a good point about some people's brains being wired differently.
I have no idea what this coach's history is, but people who have experienced childhood trauma have brains that work differently (in a bad way). There is a very well known study called the ACE Study (Adverse Childhood Events) that shockingly shows a nearly 1:1 correlation between number of childhood adverse events and negative events as adults later in life (disrupted relationships, bad impulse control, drug and alcohol addiction, etc).

If interested, it's interesting and easy to understand. One can simply google ACE study or the whole term and there's tons there.

Side note...

Are you sure it was a player? I know that rumor is out there, but so are a few other ones (it was an assistant coach, a trainer, etc.).