Another Ferentz moving up

"Movin' Out" by Billy Joel would be an appropriate song for Chris Doyle right about now.

But with the severance package he received he may not have to be in so much of a hurry.

"Movin' Out" by Billy Joel would be an appropriate song for Chris Doyle right about now.

But with the severance package he received he may not have to be in so much of a hurry.
I'd bet dollars for donuts he's already got a house bought.

If he stays in Iowa he'll always be the hated coach that burned down the Iowa football house.

Back out east he'll never even get recognized. I know I couldn't name or tell you want any S&C in the rest of the country looks like. He could disappear and enjoy his money out there.

I'd bet dollars for donuts he's already got a house bought.

If he stays in Iowa he'll always be the hated coach that burned down the Iowa football house.

Back out east he'll never even get recognized. I know I couldn't name or tell you want any S&C in the rest of the country looks like. He could disappear and enjoy his money out there.
Any word on where Dillon has transferred?

Yes, Chris played the blackmail card for all it was worth. It is perfectly reasonable to deduce that he threatened to spill a lot of beans and the "severance package" was a way to keep him quiet going out the door.

Yes, Chris played the blackmail card for all it was worth. It is perfectly reasonable to deduce that he threatened to spill a lot of beans and the "severance package" was a way to keep him quiet going out the door.
I have no doubt in my mind that Kirk and Barta sat him down and said, "Chris, how much is it going to take for you to not bring this whole ship down with you?" Win/win. He gets a mil, and the U never has to worry about him writing a tell all book in retaliation.

Not sure on where his kid is playing, but I'd bet it was already decided before Doyle even got suspended. That guy likely has connections at a ton of schools. My guess it isn't going to be P5 because of the connection to his dad and the distraction that would come with it, but there are plenty of FCS schools who would love to have a Big Ten starting linebacker in their program regardless of baggage.

I have no doubt in my mind that Kirk and Barta sat him down and said, "Chris, how much is it going to take for you to not bring this whole ship down with you?" Win/win. He gets a mil, and the U never has to worry about him writing a tell all book in retaliation.

Not sure on where his kid is playing, but I'd bet it was already decided before Doyle even got suspended. That guy likely has connections at a ton of schools. My guess it isn't going to be P5 because of the connection to his dad and the distraction that would come with it, but there are plenty of FCS schools who would love to have a Big Ten starting linebacker in their program regardless of baggage.
The quick payout to Chris also, as far as I can tell, eliminates the possibility of the costly, time consuming lawsuit which would have been another dark cloud over the program.

Who knows how long something like that could drag out. Kirk, on multiple occasions could be forced to leave the middle of practice to sit in a courtroom. It would be a huge distraction.

Dillon has followed Wisconsin, BC, and another P5 school whose name escapes me on Twitter

Yes.
The Participation Trophy Generation cannot handle a bit of ribbing.

Latest posts