Another Ebertowski Article

Sounds like he has a lot of athleticism. Someone said he looks like 5'10 not 6'0". I don't think it matters if a person is 5'10 instead of 6'0" for RB at all. It makes it easy to run low to the ground.

Can anyone talk about the attitude comments?

I'm the one who said he looks 5'10" and not 6'0". I agree that the height difference doesn't matter for a running back. I only mentioned it because in the article it's talking him up because he's "bigger" than the starting running backs for Iowa and Iowa State, and from what I saw in the videos, he doesn't appear as big as the article claims him to be.

For safety, height matters a little bit more. Not that 5'8" Bob Sanders wasn't all-world, but if you look at starting safeties at most D1 schools, 5'10" is usually the shortest safety on most teams. Our safeties are 6'0" or taller. If the coaches are looking at two safety prospects that have the same speed and agility, and one's a 6'1" leaper with long arms and the other is 5'10" with short arms, they will take the taller one because he'll have advantages in pass coverage and shedding blocks. Coaches already have concerns about Ebertowski's ability to change direction, and being on the shorter side for safeties doesn't help.

Latest posts