Annoying Video Ad

DP5555

Is that damn video ad on the right side of the screen driving anyone else completely bonkers? I frequent the site almost every day. Every single time you click on a new thread or link the freaking thing resets. I realize it's probably a cash cow for Jon but, IMO it's seriously degrading my opinion of this site.

The video player does reload. But it is not supposed to play audio. If u find that u hear an ad with audio email me the company that the audio is coming from so I can nip that in the bud.

Also, if your mouse pointer comes into contact with it, it will play audio. So keep mouse away from it.

We will be reducing the number of ads on the site again in a month or so. We removed three back in the fall and will be removing more.

The video player is likely going to stay as it covers the bandwidth costs I incur each month from a website that generates millions of page views per months.

Without some ad support the site would cease to exist. So while some of the ads may be annoying, and we don't want audio in any circumstance, the site would not be here at all without advertising support.

I only notice sound when I accidentally touch the add with the mouse.. it then "activates" it.

It doesn't start on it's own for me unless "touched"

You don't even need to click to activate, All you have to do is surf over it and it flips on. That is very annoying.

wow how hard is it not keep your mouse away from it or mute your computer

theres always something to complain about.....really

TCS video is slowing my computer down big time. I'm not one to complain about ads, but it also has sound...

TCS video is slowing my computer down big time. I'm not one to complain about ads, but it also has sound...

It's really no big deal H8, because PIN says so..:rolleyes: We should all just get over it. going to the scroll bar I just now need to make sure to either go above the TCS video or below it. How hard can that be.:):):)

I really hate the video ad. I live in Europe and my internet usage is limited each month. If I forget to stop loading a page on this forum at the beginning I can eat through 20 mb of data usage and not even notice it.

I just don't get to visit as often as I would like.

FYI, it comes up for me with sound on every page, whether my mouse moves over it or not. I'm using Firefox 8.0.

FYI, it comes up for me with sound on every page, whether my mouse moves over it or not. I'm using Firefox 8.0.

what companies? That is just odd..I am trying to replicate this using firefox 8, and I am using three different computers, and cannot produce sound in any instance (other than scrolling my mouse over it)

Not sure if this will work for anyone else, but I just click on "View" in Firefox and "Zoom" in Chrome and enlarge the type to the point that it pushes the ad off to the side of the screen.

Jon I sent you a message yesterday that this happened to me as well. It won't do it every time but it will every once in a while produce sound without coming near it. And yes it slows loading time way down every time I click on a new thread or back to forums.

what companies? That is just odd..I am trying to replicate this using firefox 8, and I am using three different computers, and cannot produce sound in any instance (other than scrolling my mouse over it)

Just the TCS ad. I'm using Windows 7 if that matters. If I load the page in IE, I don't get sound.

Latest posts