Annoying Penn State fans making excuses

Scotttyd

So I have had three Penn State fans already make unsolicited comments to me making excuses, or calling us lucky. One was a friend, so I kind of get that - but the other two were people I don't know other than I see them working at my daughters day care, and one was the front desk guy at my gym. (I was wearing an Iowa shirt)

It is kind of sad, because it wasn't even good natured ribbing, or "We will get you next time" - it was just pathetic "that wasn't fair, you hurt our guy" and "You were lucky, we are so much better than you" type of BS.

I just smiled and used Kirk's line "that's football" and walked on

So I have had three Penn State fans already make unsolicited comments to me making excuses, or calling us lucky. One was a friend, so I kind of get that - but the other two were people I don't know other than I see them working at my daughters day care, and one was the front desk guy at my gym. (I was wearing an Iowa shirt)

It is kind of sad, because it wasn't even good natured ribbing, or "We will get you next time" - it was just pathetic "that wasn't fair, you hurt our guy" and "You were lucky, we are so much better than you" type of BS.

Were they pee state fans or cyclown fans. Sounds like the same argument. Fine....the better team lost! If that makes them happy! But for now hawks are 6 and ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooo!

Those losers are still in denial that Joe knew. Let’s hope that douche Franklin takes the USC job and Pedo State goes the way of Nebraska.
Unfortunately I don’t think that will happen. As disgusting as they are PSU sits in a hot bed of talent, pretty much any up and coming coach would be all over the job.

Sounds like you need to not live near so many PSU fans. Must be miserable.

Penn State fans and Ohio State fans both believe they've never been beaten in the Big Ten. They always believe that their team had to have given the game away.

Randy Peterson is pulling that narrative about Iowa - ISU locally, now on the radio.

It's not luck.

Clifford's ribs were broken by Iowa. The other 6 injuries that left the game permanently were hurt by Iowa. And if you watch Franklin's post-game presser, he jumps when there's some stadium crew stuff going on in the background that made a loud noise. They were rattled. Fans can make up all they want to, but you can't fake that deer in the headlights look on his face in the presser.

Naw. Definitely pedo state fans. I live in N.C., there is like one iowa state grad here and he is a good friend ironically.

It is pretty easy for rationale Iowa and Iowa State fans who are friends to be friends or to become friends. It is a little more difficult when the ISU fans know little about football and think their program has been great forever. I have heard it in person.

Iowa started slow. Penn State scored 14 points in the first quarter. Iowa held Clifford to 3 points in the second. He threw 2 INT's and got lucky only giving up 3 points. I doubt that trend would have continued through the rest of the game. Every INT stops a drive and puts more pressure on the defense.

Assuming that every Penn State defensive player that went down was legit. (big assumption). Penn State's defense was getting worn down from being on the field so often. Many of us Iowa fans think that the Penn State defensive players saw the injuries as the only way to get a rest.

It's pure speculation to think that the offense wouldn't have had to many penalties under Clifford. In any matter, Penn State only managed 3 points in the second half. They killed themselves with penalties and INT's.

Last edited:
Naw. Definitely pedo state fans. I live in N.C., there is like one iowa state grad here and he is a good friend ironically.
I believe you. I was just referencing that's the same cystate fans were saying too. But back to the Iowa state friend, always remember, Keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer. Lol!

Iowa started slow. Penn State scored 14 points in the first quarter. Iowa held Clifford to 3 points in the second. He threw 2 INT's and got lucky only giving up 3 points. I doubt that trend would have continued through the rest of the game. Every INT stops a drive and puts more pressure on the defense.

Assuming that every Penn State defensive player that went down was legit. (big assumption). Penn State's defense was getting worn down from being on the field so often. Many of us Iowa fans think that the Penn State defensive players saw the injuries as the only way to get a rest.

It's pure speculation to think that the offense wouldn't have had to many penalties under Clifford. In any matter, Penn State only managed 3 points in the second half. They killed themselves with penalties and INT's.

This is what gets and irks me. Iowa's defense has typically gotten stronger as the games go on, and even more after making half time adjustments. The score was only 17-10 when Clifford went out. ONE POSSESSION GAME! They act like he was just crushing Iowa and they were up by 20.

I don't know what would have happened the rest of the game but Penn St. fans just seem to think he would have kept scoring points on Iowa and nothing would have gone wrong for them. They don't even put into perspective that maybe, just maybe he could have thrown 1-2 interceptions if left in the game. Nobody knows. It was a ONE POSSESSION GAME when he went out!

.....Oh, and Iowa somehow still scored 23 pts on their daunting defensive unit!!

I just want to yell at PSU fans that Clifford was not out when it was 17-3. He was out after Iowa scored to make it 17-10. He may have been injured at 17-3, but he wasn't out until he failed to take the field at 17-10.

Don't let it bother you, we would probably be whining too if Petras would have gone out early 4th quarter.

Regarding the fake-injury stuff, there was really just one obvious one (DE17 after a nice Goodson run). But he just happened to dive on the turf in front of God and the entire Kinnick stadium crowd. There was no booing before that one, but after that obvious fake-job, everyone started booing every injury (the rest were probably legit). I can't fault PSU for being a bit upset about that, but I can't fault fans for booing when one guy clearly takes a dive in front of the whole stadium.

I can even go Devil's advocate a bit further...as a defender, if you are even a bit dinged and need to come out, you absolutely should hit the turf. At least give the coaches an opportunity to make the right sub and get everything in order. No need to stay there for 2 minutes will the trainer fake-checks your knee, though.

Don't let it bother you, we would probably be whining too if Petras would have gone out early 4th quarter.

Regarding the fake-injury stuff, there was really just one obvious one (DE17 after a nice Goodson run). But he just happened to dive on the turf in front of God and the entire Kinnick stadium crowd. There was no booing before that one, but after that obvious fake-job, everyone started booing every injury (the rest were probably legit). I can't fault PSU for being a bit upset about that, but I can't fault fans for booing when one guy clearly takes a dive in front of the whole stadium.

I can even go Devil's advocate a bit further...as a defender, if you are even a bit dinged and need to come out, you absolutely should hit the turf. At least give the coaches an opportunity to make the right sub and get everything in order. No need to stay there for 2 minutes will the trainer fake-checks your knee, though.

The 'ole stretching the cramp out in midfield. Leg straight up to the sky!

I just want to yell at PSU fans that Clifford was not out when it was 17-3. He was out after Iowa scored to make it 17-10. He may have been injured at 17-3, but he wasn't out until he failed to take the field at 17-10.
Stop ruining a good crybaby narrative with facts

Also, I found it telling that Franky didn't really say that they didn't do it. He said, "Why would we do it, they don't play tempo offense." That is not a denial.

And is it an admission that they do it against uptempo offenses?

Latest posts