Announcers: Clay Matvick and John Congemi.

Sooby

Don't know much about these two, but at least it's a sausage fest in the TV announcement booth.

I found a python ****** that let's me sync the radio broadcast with the video stream in realtime. I connect my tuner to a line in jack on my media computer and then run the ****** with 0.1 secs delay. I tune in the station w/ the game and then use the stopwatch on my phone to determine the TV delay. It's pretty easy to listen to Dolph say the "game is under way" or whatever. When I hear that I start the stopwatch and then watch the TV until I see the kickoff when I stop the stopwatch. Next I kill the ****** and then start the ****** in again in the terminal window with the time from the stopwatch as a parameter:

delayradio.py 12

Where 12 was the time on my stopwatch in seconds. The audio goes quiet for 12 seconds and then I have Dolph and Eddie in sync w/ the game. It's a great way to watch and listen to the game. I can post the code here if anyone is interested but it will have to wait until I get home after 8 pm or so.

Or you could just purchase a commercial app that does the same thing. I'm just to cheap to do that and I like scripting.

I found a python ****** that let's me sync the radio broadcast with the video stream in realtime. I connect my tuner to a line in jack on my media computer and then run the ****** with 0.1 secs delay. I tune in the station w/ the game and then use the stopwatch on my phone to determine the TV delay. It's pretty easy to listen to Dolph say the "game is under way" or whatever. When I hear that I start the stopwatch and then watch the TV until I see the kickoff when I stop the stopwatch. Next I kill the ****** and then start the ****** in again in the terminal window with the time from the stopwatch as a parameter:

delayradio.py 12

Where 12 was the time on my stopwatch in seconds. The audio goes quiet for 12 seconds and then I have Dolph and Eddie in sync w/ the game. It's a great way to watch and listen to the game. I can post the code here if anyone is interested but it will have to wait until I get home after 8 pm or so.

Or you could just purchase a commercial app that does the same thing. I'm just to cheap to do that and I like scripting.

I like the sound of that! Pun intended.

Don't know much about these two, but at least it's a sausage fest in the TV announcement booth.

I think Congemi did the Pitt game last year (he also went to Pitt). I think he has done other Hawks games. He's okay. No Glen Mason or J Leman, but we can't have everything.

Please clarify...as in...you meant, "Want them as broadcast team...ONLY..."

Right?

Oh Bob, you rascal, you caught me damn it....I must've been sleep typing when I sent that....Good God No I don't want them, want them, I just want them

Latest posts