Announcer just said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tweeted the Big Ten Network tonight as soon as I heard it. Unacceptable on a nationally broadcasted game.

Here's the Tweet: "Tim Doyle just called Aaron White "The Ginger". Seriously. STOP IT ALREADY TIM. @BigTenNetwork"

would you guys be just as upset if it was a Purdue player? I know you would not. It was said in a joking manner. at least I took it that way. I guess im just a little more thick skinned. It would be like calling a fat guy chunky or something which im sure most of you have not shied away from ever:rolleyes:

He also said with 12 seconds to go and the Hawks down 5......well its time to shoot the 3 ball. Really, genius? Guy is brutal!

I tweeted the Big Ten Network tonight as soon as I heard it. Unacceptable on a nationally broadcasted game.

Here's the Tweet: "Tim Doyle just called Aaron White "The Ginger". Seriously. STOP IT ALREADY TIM. @BigTenNetwork"
Nothing wrong with being called Original and/or Premium.....

Saltines.jpg

Heard it and many other labels growing up and running around the streets of Philadelphia.....

Actually, referring to Aaron as Ginger over and over is a bit much. A player should be identified by his play on the court.....

I wonder if this NW dislike of Iowa runs deeper than one would think.....

:D

Is the term "Ginger" really that bad? I have seen numerous posts on this site referring to Aaron White as ginger, so I didn't think it was bad.

would you guys be just as upset if it was a Purdue player? I know you would not. It was said in a joking manner. at least I took it that way. I guess im just a little more thick skinned. It would be like calling a fat guy chunky or something which im sure most of you have not shied away from ever:rolleyes:

So if he found a way to use n*gger in a "joking" manner, it would be okay?

And no, I wouldn't find it funny if it was said about a player of a different team. I didn't think it was funny when he said it about Brusowitz (sp?) last year.

And saying a guy is a little chunky isn't the same as saying "Hey Chunky."

Is the term "Ginger" really that bad? I have seen numerous posts on this site referring to Aaron White as ginger, so I didn't think it was bad.

It's usually the same handful of posters who refer to him as such. The nickname "Ginga-White-is" was pretty convincingly criticized on this site.

It's usually the same handful of posters who refer to him as such. The nickname "Ginga-White-is" was pretty convincingly criticized on this site.

I did a search out of curiosity, and it was quite a few different posters, which surprised me. Some weren't reprimanded/criticized or anything.

I just figured that if it were really bad, it would have been moderated out.

if you have to be politicaly correct for someone you have to be for everyone. it is no different than the da__ happy holidays being shoved down our throats rather than merry christmas.

I did a search out of curiosity, and it was quite a few different posters, which surprised me. Some weren't reprimanded/criticized or anything.

I just figured that if it were really bad, it would have been moderated out.

Wow leave JonDieselMiller out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts