Ankeny Receiver Brody Brecht Commits to Hawkeyes

Iowa killing it on the recruiting trail at the expense of Nebby and ISU. Beautiful weather and it’s Friday. I suppose I can drink to that.

And the University of Iowa announced football players can report on June 1st today, right. There's your drink garnish.

Listen...I'm ok if football goes off without fans. It's not the same...but what is. At least they are playing.

Good looking athlete, needs to work on correct blocking form, refs are gonna call any grab blocks but the effort is there. Let Iowa put some weight on him and he could be a potential pass catching TE. Like that he ran a lot of crossing patterns in high school to get him the ball at full stride. Reminds me a lot of McNutt. Gonna definite be an option in the red-zone to where Iowa can let him go "jumpball" against a smaller defender. X-mas in April.

Good looking athlete, needs to work on correct blocking form, refs are gonna call any grab blocks but the effort is there. Let Iowa put some weight on him and he could be a potential pass catching TE. Like that he ran a lot of crossing patterns in high school to get him the ball at full stride. Reminds me a lot of McNutt. Gonna definite be an option in the red-zone to where Iowa can let him go "jumpball" against a smaller defender. X-mas in April.
I guarantee Brecht ain’t coming to Iowa to play TE. He’ll be taking over for B Smith when he graduates.

I think this is a pretty accurate picture from what I've gathered.
I wasn't aware that they were that close. As I've posted previously, IMO Keagon is one of the most underrated of our recruits. If we got them as a package deal, that would make my day.

This quote has me wondering why Iowa State was in his final two:

“I felt Iowa can get me to the NFL and make me the best player I can be. I wanted to play baseball as well,” Brecht told HN Friday.

I rarely comment on recruits because I'm not a scout and don't know the first thing about it. That said, I was on the field before the Ankeny High/Ankeny Centennial game this year because one of my kids is in the Ankeny youth flag football program and everybody involved was invited.

#1 - I grew up in a small town and I couldn't believe the size of the players at the metro 4A level.

#2 - Even among those kids. Brecht was a man among boys.

I think he'll do great in IC.

Iowa State about to go 0/10 on the top 10 instate kids this year. Swung by CF to read some fun. Most are disappointed in the recruiting efforts, some attribute it to these kids growing up Iowa fans, and then CyTwins is rambling on about how Brock Purdy is the #3 QB in the mock drafts behind Lawrence and Fields.

Edit. Zack Twedt who we flipped from ISU would be their top recruit right now per 247. He’s our 11th rated recruit right now.
Jp working on a new billboard to swing the MO, “A (shit) Storm is brewing”

This quote has me wondering why Iowa State was in his final two:

“I felt Iowa can get me to the NFL and make me the best player I can be. I wanted to play baseball as well,” Brecht told HN Friday.

The first part of that quote was a little surprising as the clowns have had more success getting wideouts to the NFL than Iowa has lately. The baseball part is fun, that clown baseball team has not looked very good. They haven't won a game since 2001. :)

Latest posts