Andy Hamilton Just said Iowa is out

I liked the line two tweets down - nobody comes to mediacom court and beats iowa

Dex, I agree. But if it is true that he has had zero contact with us in 2 weeks (since his visit), I do not think we are in the game at this point, nor have we been.

But that does not go with what his momma said. Hell, I don't know what to believe anymore. I want the kid, but it's whatever at this point. Let me know when he actually signs and sends in a LOI. Until then, we are all just guessing.

That is what Cyrus coach just told him.
Twitter

Think his coach is going off what he was told yesterday or the day before.

Here is what i just read on CNNSI as of 11:43 today

Cyrus Kouandjio still hasn't made a final decision on his college destination and is down to the University of Alabama, Auburn and Iowa as of this morning. The prospect's father told The Tuscaloosa News that there are no plans to make an announcement until Friday at the earliest. The inclusion of Iowa among Kouandjio's finalists comes as a surprise. "He's deciding between Alabama, Auburn and even Iowa," Jean Claude Kouandjio said. "It may even come back to Iowa. He's considering his options even more now. Those three (schools) have been floating in his mind"

I think Bama and Auburn must be in a bidding war and then there's the whole "dotting the I's and crossing the T's" thing with the contract negotiations...not sure if the possible NFL lockout and rookie salary cap will have an effect on the SEC's pay scale or not though...just kidding Cyrus!

If being on campus at Iowa "felt like home", just come home!

Think his coach is going off what he was told yesterday or the day before.

Here is what i just read on CNNSI as of 11:43 today

Cyrus Kouandjio still hasn't made a final decision on his college destination and is down to the University of Alabama, Auburn and Iowa as of this morning. The prospect's father told The Tuscaloosa News that there are no plans to make an announcement until Friday at the earliest. The inclusion of Iowa among Kouandjio's finalists comes as a surprise. "He's deciding between Alabama, Auburn and even Iowa," Jean Claude Kouandjio said. "It may even come back to Iowa. He's considering his options even more now. Those three (schools) have been floating in his mind"

A buddy also sent me a quote from the coach that said NM was still in the running. From all accounts they haven't been in the running for a while now.

Here's the quote:

McGregor also said he told Kouandjio he needed to take his time to make sure he makes the decision he is happy with. Alabama, Auburn and New Mexico are still under consideration, the coach said.

Last edited:
This is getting old. Just choose a college. No matter where he goes he will probably end up in the NFL.

I think i'd believe Jean Claude first....New Mexico has been out for a lonnnng time.

If i remember correctly the coach has a relationship with NM which is why Cyrus was considering going there to begin with. He's probably just leaving their name in there for Pub. I think it's between the 2 schools in Alabama.

I don't put too much in any of what these espn people say. I would listen to what the family says and or Cyrus himself and leave it at that.

Come to IOWA!

another "supposed" comment from the coach. This dude is all over the map.

"I think he'll stick with Auburn actually, but I could be wrong," he said. "Like I said, I'm surprised we're even in this situation so anything can happen. I think he picked Auburn for a reason so I think he'll stick with that, but I could be off."

I think he goes to Bama -- after he announced for Auburn and was being interviewed he looked like he was going to toss his cookies. The WHOLE family looked sick.

Yes -- PLEASE come to I O W A!!

I think it is interesting that he says that he didn't like the lifestyle at Iowa and adds, "I don't think I'd be able to thrive those three years." Sounds like he only plans to stay in college as short of a time as he can and wants to live it up while he can.

Latest posts