Andy Hamilton Just said Iowa is out

I think it is interesting that he says that he didn't like the lifestyle at Iowa and adds, "I don't think I'd be able to thrive those three years." Sounds like he only plans to stay in college as short of a time as he can and wants to live it up while he can.
I didnt expect him to stay 4 years. Barring injury, he could be ready after 2 years, obviously you cant go pro after 2 years but the kid is a stud and I wish him the best wherever he goes.

I think it is interesting that he says that he didn't like the lifestyle at Iowa and adds, "I don't think I'd be able to thrive those three years." Sounds like he only plans to stay in college as short of a time as he can and wants to live it up while he can.

Yeah, the rumor is IC Public Safety won't let any athletes get away with anything! So he's not wrong about not being able to thrive, if he wants to run the town.

Last edited:
Depending on work ethic, I'd think he would be starting RT. I dont think he would be starting day 1 but I bet towards the end of the season he would be the starter.

The only way that would happen would be if Zus got hurt. The O-line is not just "plug and play". There's a lot of chemistry involved, and Zus is pretty well entrenched at the RT spot. Not that it matters anyway at this point.

I can tell he wouldn't be a very good Hawkeye as he wouldn't look good on a moped... the dang thing would break. No single cylinder is going to move this beast around.

I still don't know what he means by "thrive."

As a full-time student ... if you're also fully invested to the football program ... that basically makes it like you're holding down nearly 2 full-time jobs. That's a tough load for nearly anybody.

What in the world would he imply by "thrive?"

I can only guess that he's kinda hoping for an "easy road" but he's still too immature to realize that "easy roads" are often not the "right roads."

I still don't know what he means by "thrive."

As a full-time student ... if you're also fully invested to the football program ... that basically makes it like you're holding down nearly 2 full-time jobs. That's a tough load for nearly anybody.

What in the world would he imply by "thrive?"

I can only guess that he's kinda hoping for an "easy road" but he's still too immature to realize that "easy roads" are often not the "right roads."

I fully agree with your post. To embellish further, to quote the song from the band "The Fray"..."Sometimes the right thing and the hardest thing are the same"!

Latest posts