Android Orientation Change

Chickenlounge

I noticed an odd "feature" with the Android app last night. I was on page 2 of a thread, and turned the phone to be landscape so I could more easily view a picture. When I did that, the app reloaded the thread and took me back to page 1. I went back to page 2 to see the picture, and when I turned the phone back to portrait orientation, it reloaded the thread and took me back to page 1 again.

The phone is an HTC Incredible on Verizon if that makes a difference.

Is this normal behavior?

Which thread? Never had it happen to me, but then I don't really remember if I have tried to do something like that.

I can't remember which thread it was. All I know is that it was multiple pages and had a picture on page 2.

I'll test it again tonight on various thread and see if I can recreate the issue.

I have ths issue as well. Basically, switching views causes the page to reload. It would be nice if this could be fixed in a future release.

I noticed an odd "feature" with the Android app last night. I was on page 2 of a thread, and turned the phone to be landscape so I could more easily view a picture. When I did that, the app reloaded the thread and took me back to page 1. I went back to page 2 to see the picture, and when I turned the phone back to portrait orientation, it reloaded the thread and took me back to page 1 again.

The phone is an HTC Incredible on Verizon if that makes a difference.

Is this normal behavior?

Thank you for the information. This is not normal behavior and we have created a bug report in our internal issue tracking system so that it gets fixed.

Josh

I get this all the time as well.

I'm on the beta app, but experienced on the live app as well.

Running rooted droid incredible on cm7.1 nightlies.

I get this all the time as well.

I'm on the beta app, but experienced on the live app as well.

Running rooted droid incredible on cm7.1 nightlies.

BlckNGldHwk,

Please go ahead and upgrade to the latest live app. It has a few tweaks that the last beta doesn't.(We released that beta + a few changes when we didn't hear any bug reports after a few days) We'll send out another beta when we have it ready. Sorry - I should have made that more clear to begin with.

Josh.

BlckNGldHwk,

Please go ahead and upgrade to the latest live app. It has a few tweaks that the last beta doesn't.(We released that beta + a few changes when we didn't hear any bug reports after a few days) We'll send out another beta when we have it ready. Sorry - I should have made that more clear to begin with.

Josh.

Oh. Will do here also then. Didn't notice any bugs on the beta in my usage.

All,

A new version of the app was posted today (0.9.7) with this orientation change bug fixed. It also includes several other new forum features..namely quote posting and thread starting.

Josh

I have the new app, haven't looked at it yet.

Is there an option to skip to the end of the thread yet? Or be able to unbold topics you've read?

I have the new app, haven't looked at it yet.

Is there an option to skip to the end of the thread yet? Or be able to unbold topics you've read?

There is now an option to skip to the end of the thread if there are more than 3 pages. Click the page dropdown in the upper right of the thread screen and there should always be a "Last Page" option directly after the page you are currently on to quickly navigate to the last page of the thread.

As to your other question - not yet, but it is on our to-do list. I don't have an ETA to offer at this time.

Josh

I'm running Cheese Danish 6.0.1 on my HTC Hyperflexural 'droid unit in a beta environment devoid of oxygen and hope. My modulus of elasticity figures are skewed from the norm. What am I doing wrong?

Latest posts