Andrew Wiggins to Kansas

EST1847

The next basketball superstar committed to Kansas. Kid is 6'8" with a 7ft wingspan. Probably a one and done but has the ability to take KU far into the tourney by himself.

Question: If the hawks matchup against Kansas in the Battle 4 Atlantis who gets the assignment on him?

I'm guessing a combo of White, Uthoff and McCabe with plenty of double teams.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Funny memes?

The next basketball superstar committed to Kansas. Kid is 6'8" with a 7ft wingspan. Probably a one and done but has the ability to take KU far into the tourney by himself.

Question: If the hawks matchup against Kansas in the Battle 4 Atlantis who gets the assignment on him?

I'm guessing a combo of White, Uthoff and McCabe with plenty of double teams.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Funny memes?

We zone KU, don't think we have anyone who can contain Maple Jordan man to man.

Really, Kansas lost either all 5 starters or 4 starters and their 6th man. They will still be good but not like years past.

Not meant to be a slight towards you, but people say that nearly every year about KU. The great equalizer is Bill Self. Then all you have to do is look at his recruiting classes. Kansas will be good for at least as long as Self is there.

I think KU was huge dissapointment. Bunches of talant but No one to run the team. They should have won the whole thing. Needed a coach on the floor. If they find that they will be very good

Wonder if/when Kansas will lay an egg for the season like Kentucky did last year? Eventually, all the transition, even with great kids coming in, should result in a year where it just doesn't click.

Good news for the Hawks...if we do play vs KU down on the island, it will boost our SOS,as they will no doubt be a top ten team,minimum,and possibly top five by the end of the year when SOS actually matters.

Wiggins is a total stud, a one and done guy. KU has a lot of young talent in the pipeline,and with Wiggins on board,they will once again dominate the Big 12.

Not meant to be a slight towards you, but people say that nearly every year about KU. The great equalizer is Bill Self. Then all you have to do is look at his recruiting classes. Kansas will be good for at least as long as Self is there.

I said they would be good. But I don't see them as a final four team or even a top 5 team like some think they will be. They were a borderline top 10 team last year and IMO a better team then what they will put on the floor next year.

Their big advantage and the main reason their record is good which makes them appear to be better then they are, is they play in the Big 12 :)

I keep hearing Self had a couple of nice recruits he redshirted this last year especially a big to take over for Withey.

I am not a huge Tharpe fan but he will be solid at pg. Perry Ellis will be one of the classic bigs for self that really comes on next year. Seldon and wiggins will be excellent. Wiggins isn't like the Kentucky kids last year. We are talking a Lebron/Durant type college player here.

I saw Wiggins play in a couple of allstar games....he is not the physical presence of Lebron,but who is? Not a deadeye shooter like Durant...but who is?

I think he is like a Dominque Wilkins type of high-flyer,who will be an instant impact player on both ends of the court for KU. But, at KU, they have plenty of prep all americans,so he will not be featured as much as Jabari Parker will be at Duke, I suspect. Ellis is not dissimilar to Wiggins.

KU will be a top 5 team by the end of the year.

Latest posts