Andrew Wiggins to Kansas

This is almost a guarantee in next year's Big 12. It says Kansas on the uniform and they should own their conference.
OSU returns Smart, Nash, and Brown. Baylor has Austin and Jefferson coming back. Any of those teams could win the Big 1G next year. Outside of MSU, I don't see the Big1G being nearly as deep this year. But you are an Iowa fan, so knowing nothing about BB comes with the last 10 years of awful.

OSU returns Smart, Nash, and Brown. Baylor has Austin and Jefferson coming back. Any of those teams could win the Big 1G next year. Outside of MSU, I don't see the Big1G being nearly as deep this year. But you are an Iowa fan, so knowing nothing about BB comes with the last 10 years of awful.

And you're so knowledgeable because Iowa St. was tearing it up the last decade or so?

OSU lost in the first round last year, Baylor was in the NIT, which is all of you Clone fans know means they're not even a top 68 team in the country, and they lost their best player. The B12 sucked last year, it showed in the tournament, and the B12 will suck again this year.

You can have OSU AND Baylor. I will take Kansas. How much money do you want to bet on the Big 12 conference championship next year? That's exactly what I thought...just another ISU blow hard.

Okay, I'll give you a chance to win your money back. We'll go double or nothing. You can have OSU AND Baylor in the NCAA tournament. I will take Kansas. I say Kansas wins more NCAA Tournament games than your 2 schools combined. No, you don't get to count the Baylor play-in game. Yeah...That's what I thought.

Last edited:
Under...Kansas will be very young and wet behind the ears. Iowa has experience returning and should be able to game plan quite well right out of the gate next year.

And who is going to stop Wiggins without leaving another Top 100 player wide open? This was already a scary team before they added Wiggins.

Dude, they just had the one of the greatest tournament runs ever, let them enjoy it.

And a blocking call on Craft equals a win...with over 1 minute and 40 seconds left in the game. This play alone resulted in the NCAA changing the block/charge rule for next year...choking on the sarcasm.

And who is going to stop Wiggins without leaving another Top 100 player wide open? This was already a scary team before they added Wiggins.

The Iowa defense of course...and keep in mind I didn't say he wouldn't have a good game or be a good player. He could play a great game and score 25 points and collect 17 rebounds. This still puts him at the under. I do enough sports betting and watch enough college basketball to know I'm in good shape on this one. We can discuss this further if Iowa and Kansas actually play.

Note - The question was over/under 26. Another player being wide open and scoring a career high has nothing to do with the question asked or my prediction. You're wandering off track a bit with this question.

Last edited:

Super+Fan.jpg

Crying%2BBaby%2BNatural%2BHigh%2Bfor%2BSome%2BMoms.jpg

I'll take the under... Iowa did ok against players of such caliber last year. I would expect them to be improved with a year behind them.

The Iowa defense of course...and keep in mind I didn't say he wouldn't have a good game or be a good player. He could play a great game and score 25 points and collect 17 rebounds. This still puts him at the under. I do enough sports betting and watch enough college basketball to know I'm in good shape on this one. We can discuss this further if Iowa and Kansas actually play.

Note - The question was over/under 26. Another player being wide open and scoring a career high has nothing to do with the question asked or my prediction. You're wandering off track a bit with this question.

Good point. It would be hard to take the over at 26.

Now that we have that out of the way, since when did we start staying on target with the OP? It was long gone by the time I posted.

Good point. It would be hard to take the over at 26.

Now that we have that out of the way, since when did we start staying on target with the OP? It was long gone by the time I posted.

You quoted my response to the question about over/under 26 so that's what I thought you were referencing. I apologize if you were just making a general statement about a potential Iowa/Kansas matchup.

If we do play Kansas I like Iowa...largely because it's early in the year. We have a lot of experience returning. Guys know their roles and we have strong team chemistry. Kansas will need some time to pull it all together. Kentucky never really pulled it together this year but were definitely better later in the year IMO.

Really, Kansas lost either all 5 starters or 4 starters and their 6th man. They will still be good but not like years past.

I wouldn't be too concerned over this given the kids they have not only coming in, but kids returning like Perry Ellis who looked like a real player down the stretch. Naadir Tharpe will step in and be a very good guard in place of Johnson.

I don't think Kansas will be short of talent or experience.

I wouldn't be too concerned over this given the kids they have not only coming in, but kids returning like Perry Ellis who looked like a real player down the stretch. Naadir Tharpe will step in and be a very good guard in place of Johnson.

I don't think Kansas will be short of talent or experience.

They are going to miss Travis Releford more than anyone else IMO. He was a senior and averaged more minutes per game (33.8) than any other player on last year's roster. He was 3rd in scoring at 11.9, shot 57.4% from the field, 78.9% from the line and 41.5% from 3. He was also very good in the last 2 NCAA tournaments for Kansas.

I hope that Aaron White will get some experience guarding Wiggins in the US Team practices...not sure,but I suspect Wiggins will be invited.

Aaron might come back and tell Fran to play zone vs KU.

They are going to miss Travis Releford more than anyone else IMO. He was a senior and averaged more minutes per game (33.8) than any other player on last year's roster. He was 3rd in scoring at 11.9, shot 57.4% from the field, 78.9% from the line and 41.5% from 3. He was also very good in the last 2 NCAA tournaments for Kansas.

Agree 100% he was their glue guy and did everything for them.

If wiggins is anywhere close to the hype he is going to play the same position as releford and do a better job of it. I think Ellis picks up the glue guy role.

You can have OSU AND Baylor. I will take Kansas. How much money do you want to bet on the Big 12 conference championship next year? That's exactly what I thought...just another ISU blow hard.

Okay, I'll give you a chance to win your money back. We'll go double or nothing. You can have OSU AND Baylor in the NCAA tournament. I will take Kansas. I say Kansas wins more NCAA Tournament games than your 2 schools combined. No, you don't get to count the Baylor play-in game. Yeah...That's what I thought.

I'd take that bet, not to show up a Hawk fan trying to clown a clone, but Kansas will be a bit sporadic IMO. Wiggins is still the best player yet to play a professional/college game though...

Latest posts