Andrew Long

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Andrew%20Long%20Story%20County%20Jail%20Feb%201%202012.jpg

What an idiotic OP. Andrew Long is a dirtbag. Why is there a post about him in the
Hawk forum again?

I have read some of the comments made on this particular thread and I would like to add some things.

First I'm a minister. I spend time at the Cerro Gordo County Jail every other Tues to teach Bible studies to whom ever wants to attend them. I have been doing this for almost 10years. Yes i have had many repeated offenders show back up into my Bible Studies and they would come every time as long as they were in there. Yes I hear them say that since they are in there they have gotten to know Jesus. They have been reading their bible and praying. I have told them that is all good but what they do inside the jail is one thing. You have the time to do so. You are not going any where. It is when you get out makes the difference.

In the 10 years doing this I have had at least 20 come and visit my church. We have baptized at least 8 from the jail and today at least 3 are attending our church. I have ran into others from the jail in grocery stores that say they are attending church and have been clean for quite some time. I believe them. I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Some I have seen with a pastor or mentor that I have known for some time. I have also seen some in Church Softball leagues.

I said all this to say cut Andrew some slack. He may have taken the right step towards starting a relationship with Christ. When he does get out time will tell if he continues on serving the Lord. You can't judge someone if you don't actually know what has happened to them. Then again know one has the right to judge. If any of you say you started going to church and have begun a new life with Jesus we need to rejoice with you. Not mock you.
I have heard about people who have done horrible things in life, turn them selves around and live for God today.

I think Andrew should serve his time. I also think he can do it serving Christ.

There are many paths to personal redemption and reversal of fortune. Not all involve religion.

Icalumni, to answer your question, there is a post about Andrew here because I put it on here. Have you ever met Andrew, I would guess no. It's pretty easy to get on the internet and call names, anyone can do it. I have no reason to doubt anything Andrew has told me. He did clarify to me that his last drink was when he got in trouble in Ames after the Penn State incident so I mis spoke earlier. I work for IDOC so
I have a weallth of experience dealing with liars and criminals and Andrew knows he has made mistakes and vows to never make them again. I, for one, believe him. Only time will tell.

Icalumni, to answer your question, there is a post about Andrew here because I put it on here. Have you ever met Andrew, I would guess no. It's pretty easy to get on the internet and call names, anyone can do it. I have no reason to doubt anything Andrew has told me. He did clarify to me that his last drink was when he got in trouble in Ames after the Penn State incident so I mis spoke earlier. I work for IDOC so
I have a weallth of experience dealing with liars and criminals and Andrew knows he has made mistakes and vows to never make them again. I, for one, believe him. Only time will tell.

I'm pretty sure MM said the same thing the last time he was busted also...

There are many paths to personal redemption and reversal of fortune. Not all involve religion.

I think after Andrew spends some time in prison he will realize that his wrestling moves don't prevent Bubba from having his way with him. He may also realize that trying to rape someone really isn't that fun.

I think after Andrew spends some time in prison he will realize that his wrestling moves don't prevent Bubba from having his way with him. He may also realize that trying to rape someone really isn't that fun.

the trying part isn't that bad. its the getting raped part that sucks.

I have read some of the comments made on this particular thread and I would like to add some things.

First I'm a minister. I spend time at the Cerro Gordo County Jail every other Tues to teach Bible studies to whom ever wants to attend them. I have been doing this for almost 10years. Yes i have had many repeated offenders show back up into my Bible Studies and they would come every time as long as they were in there. Yes I hear them say that since they are in there they have gotten to know Jesus. They have been reading their bible and praying. I have told them that is all good but what they do inside the jail is one thing. You have the time to do so. You are not going any where. It is when you get out makes the difference.

In the 10 years doing this I have had at least 20 come and visit my church. We have baptized at least 8 from the jail and today at least 3 are attending our church. I have ran into others from the jail in grocery stores that say they are attending church and have been clean for quite some time. I believe them. I give them the benefit of the doubt.
Some I have seen with a pastor or mentor that I have known for some time. I have also seen some in Church Softball leagues.

I said all this to say cut Andrew some slack. He may have taken the right step towards starting a relationship with Christ. When he does get out time will tell if he continues on serving the Lord. You can't judge someone if you don't actually know what has happened to them. Then again know one has the right to judge. If any of you say you started going to church and have begun a new life with Jesus we need to rejoice with you. Not mock you.
I have heard about people who have done horrible things in life, turn them selves around and live for God today.

I think Andrew should serve his time. I also think he can do it serving Christ.

+1 sir. Thank you for what you do. I know you can't reach everyone but you have obviously made a difference for some. Let's hope Andrew Long's change is real and lasting...long after he gets out of prison!

Latest posts