Andrew Long

I think the OP is allowing too easy of a free pass. Okay, so the kid comes across as quiet ... and he has found God ... Great ... But let's not overlook what he has done in his life up to this point. Sure, anyone CAN turn their lives around. And I do strongly believe in second chances, etc., however, I am not as quick to forgive people who all of a sudden pull the "I found the Lord" card.

Too often this is used as a crutch for people who have been caught for something they are embarrassed about. I am not saying we should lock him up and throw away the key but we do a disservice when we forget the victims.

Maybe in time people can forgive him. But I think he has to first show his commitment. Walk the talk, per se ... And then we can talk about him turning his life around.

Last edited:
Icalumni, to answer your question, there is a post about Andrew here because I put it on here. Have you ever met Andrew, I would guess no. It's pretty easy to get on the internet and call names, anyone can do it. I have no reason to doubt anything Andrew has told me. He did clarify to me that his last drink was when he got in trouble in Ames after the Penn State incident so I mis spoke earlier. I work for IDOC so
I have a weallth of experience dealing with liars and criminals and Andrew knows he has made mistakes and vows to never make them again. I, for one, believe him. Only time will tell.

One time offender - fine.
Two time offender - mmm.
Three time offender and trying to rape your teammates Mom - dirtbag.

I go to church. I also drink some beer now and then, swear, think nasty things. I remember when I was young pushing my best friend out in front of a oncoming car. I remember tying a kid to a railroad track and then waiting for the train to come. I also remember that I had to finally "grow up". You have to know your limitations.

I go to church. I also drink some beer now and then, swear, think nasty things. I remember when I was young pushing my best friend out in front of a oncoming car. I remember tying a kid to a railroad track and then waiting for the train to come. I also remember that I had to finally "grow up=". You have to know your limitations.
=You are a sick person

Latest posts