Andrew Long

HAMMERHAWK

I met Andrew recently and had the opportunity to have a few in-depth conversations with him. Andrew has turned his life over to the lord and has been sober since his incident in State College. After all the things I read it really surprised me that he was a genuinely humble, quiet, kid. Andrew will
be sentenced on the 30th and any prayers would be appreciated. Godspeed young man, may your stay be short and I hope you find the strength to follow the right path in the future.

I hope he goes to jail a long time. Do you think it's coincidental that he's just now finding God?

Should have found Jesus after his first couple of incidents, but good luck to him. Hopefully he can use his shortfalls and turn it into something to teach kids what not to do.

He's a young kid who made some mistakes. I won't judge him. Better to find the lord now than never. I've met my share of truely bad people through my work and Andrew isn't one one of them.

I hope he truly has found the Lord and turned his life around. None of us really know where his heart is, only God does, but to wish him the worst and say you don't believe what he says is cynical and unfortunate. We should always hope that someone can truly turn their lives around, even if they don't, we should never wish that on them. Especially since the only reason you may not like him is because he competes for the rival university.

I dont wish him a long sentence because he went to a rival school. i wish him a long sentence because he sexually assaulted a woman. him finding sobriety and jesus should help him live a productive life when he done serving his time, but neither are relevent at this point in time.

I didn't know teh lord was missing. But good job to those who found him.

I hope he goes to jail a long time. Do you think it's coincidental that he's just now finding God?

They all " find God" in jail then as soon as they get out they lose him again and commit the same crimes. Long had had a lot of chances. Time for him to pay the piper.

I met Andrew recently and had the opportunity to have a few in-depth conversations with him. Andrew has turned his life over to the lord and has been sober since his incident in State College. After all the things I read it really surprised me that he was a genuinely humble, quiet, kid. Andrew will
be sentenced on the 30th and any prayers would be appreciated. Godspeed young man, may your stay be short and I hope you find the strength to follow the right path in the future.

Oh really.
Ex-PSU wrestler Andrew Long arrested on assault charges | Latest news | CentreDaily.com

That last article was from February. Pretty sure that was before what HammerHawk is talking about.

I don't really care what someone needs to do to turn their life around. For some, they need the structure of organized religion, some need a strong role model, some need the love of a good woman, some need some life changing event, some 12 step it. Whatever it is, if the change is positive and sticks, it benefits us all.

But, I am more interested in the actual change in behavior than the vehicle of change. As plenty of people have said, there are numerous examples of people pointing to some vehicle of change as an example of turning one's life around, instead of focusing on ones own actions.

I dont wish him a long sentence because he went to a rival school. i wish him a long sentence because he sexually assaulted a woman. him finding sobriety and jesus should help him live a productive life when he done serving his time, but neither are relevent at this point in time.

This. His time served has nothing to do with his religious affiliation. If his life is truly chaned then he will have the eyes to see his tragressions merit a just sentence. If truly changed he will welcome,in the name of justice, a sentence that matches his crime. If it is any shorter than the norm a truly changed person would cry out injustice and ask for more time.

That last article was from February. Pretty sure that was before what HammerHawk is talking about.

I don't really care what someone needs to do to turn their life around. For some, they need the structure of organized religion, some need a strong role model, some need the love of a good woman, some need some life changing event, some 12 step it. Whatever it is, if the change is positive and sticks, it benefits us all.

But, I am more interested in the actual change in behavior than the vehicle of change. As plenty of people have said, there are numerous examples of people pointing to some vehicle of change as an example of turning one's life around, instead of focusing on ones own actions.[/QUOTE

Wait his "incident" in State College was in Aug of 2011. If he told Hammer he has been sober since then I believe this goes to his changing his ways credibility.

But, I am more interested in the actual change in behavior than the vehicle of change. As plenty of people have said, there are numerous examples of people pointing to some vehicle of change as an example of turning one's life around, instead of focusing on ones own actions.[/QUOTE

Wait his "incident" in State College was in Aug of 2011. If he told Hammer he has been sober since then I believe this goes to his changing his ways credibility.

Maybe this time he was drunk on the Jesus Juice.

Latest posts