Andrew Francis

That would be a huge blow to our recruiting. Not to say that it's great now, but Francis is our best recruiter by a wide margin.

There's a widespread perception Siena has already found its man, Le Moyne head coach Patrick Beilein, who just finished his third season at the Division II program. A source close to Siena's program was "sure" the Saints are targeting Beilein and ESPN's Jeff Goodman described Beilein as the "front-runner" for the job.

LINK

Really, who has he landed? Looks to me like Sherman Dillard was our primary recruiter on Aaron White, Tyler Cook, and Luka Garza.
I think it's been a team effort for the most part, but Dillard was especially instrumental with Cook. I could be totally off base, but I just see a constant with recruits stating over and over in interviews how much they love Francis.

Maybe Rob can shed some light here since he talks directly with recruits, but he just seems to be the guy that they always mention first, so it's more of a perception thing.

Last edited:
I think Iowa recruits mostly as a staff with Fran spearheading the efforts. He’s really the lead recruiter on all of the targets.

When I think if Siena, I still think of the measles.

When I think of Siena, I think of Sienna Miller:
Sienna-Miller.jpg

I think Iowa recruits mostly as a staff with Fran spearheading the efforts. He’s really the lead recruiter on all of the targets.

Rob, do you know if the basketball staff has been through any diversity training? Looking at our recent recruiting classes...I'm thinking not. If Cook doesn't come back, Wagner leaving, and the recent class coming in...well...we could have 5 white guys on the floor a ton next year. I'm not sure how that helps in recruiting a more diverse class of athlete.

I guess we did jettison Brady Ellingson to Drake...so there's that. I just envision our current players listening to country music and wearing MAGA hats....I hope not...but well you know...that wouldn't be good for diversity either.

Yes...I said it...don't tell me no one else has thought about this.

Last edited:
Rob, do you know if the basketball staff has been through any diversity training? Looking at our recent recruiting classes...I'm thinking not. If Cook doesn't come back, Wagner leaving, and the recent class coming in...well...we could have 5 white guys on the floor a ton next year. I'm not sure how that helps in recruiting a more diverse class of athlete.

I guess we did jettison Brady Ellingson to Drake...so there's that. I just envision our current players listening to country music and wearing MAGA hats....I hope not...but well you know...that wouldn't be good for diversity either.

Yes because all white people listen to country and love Trump amirite

Well we did bring in five African Americans in one class recently.
Only one is still here.

Then we brought in two and one biracial the next year.

I'll take recruits with green skin if they can play. That's the important thing. Can they play.

We have had no recruits of Dutch heritage that I can recall...we need to follow the lead of Starbucks...shut the program down for a day...and become aware of the imbalance of the recruits and get a VanBeek or Voss on board. This will not stand!

A couple of the assistant coaches are black. I mean what are you talking about? I'm sure they're color-blind when they recruit, looking for the best guy for the program, regardless of color. I mean, this isn't the 1960s.

A couple of the assistant coaches are black. I mean what are you talking about? I'm sure they're color-blind when they recruit, looking for the best guy for the program, regardless of color. I mean, this isn't the 1960s.
I'm just saying...if Cook doesnt' come back, you have essentially 3 African American players on a roster of 12 players. Look around the B10 and find out what the percentages are for most teams. I've not said it was racially motivated...I'm just pointing out that Iowa will have several combinations of lineups next year that will put 5 white guys on the floor at the same time. I think saying, "there's nothing to see here" isn't the right response.

Fran was bringing in black guys like crazy for a couple years or so. I know I was pretty pumped about it. Crazy how fast the roster changed.

Latest posts