Andre Woolridge

I don't think he is ready to be an assistant, but I would love to see him involved with the team. One of my all-time favorites.

This would be exciting for the program if Dre could get back into the Iowa program. I think he would be a symbol for the last time Iowa was a truly legit basketball program. He could speak to recruits about what a great time it was for our program and what we are doing to get back to those days.

Having the only man to ever lead the Big 10 in points and assists in the same season in a recruits living room would be a ok with me.

and you would base your opinion on what exactly?

That he has never coached or been involved with recruiting. Or were you talking about my opinion of him being an all time favorite? I would say that is based on his full-court bounce passes.

That he has never coached or been involved with recruiting. Or were you talking about my opinion of him being an all time favorite? I would say that is based on his full-court bounce passes.

He has coached, but only at the Jr. High level:p

Dude played overseas for 10+ years had a cup of tea in the NBA summer leagues. I bet his connections are pretty good. Maybe we could be Cornell but with European guys instead of Aussies.

I have to say, I love the idea of some of these guys coming back and getting involved in the program again. Woolridge was one of my favorite Hawks of all time. I wonder if he waould take a grad assistant job to begin with. Could be a nice stepping stone and I'm sure he has some cash put away to hold him over.

I have to say, I love the idea of some of these guys coming back and getting involved in the program again. Woolridge was one of my favorite Hawks of all time. I wonder if he waould take a grad assistant job to begin with. Could be a nice stepping stone and I'm sure he has some cash put away to hold him over.

+1...Andre was always a favorite hawk of mine.

I don't think he is ready to be an assistant, but I would love to see him involved with the team. One of my all-time favorites.

What, are we getting choosy now?

I love Woolridge and would love to see him do something with the program. It's not like he would be named pope.

Why do people post saying that experience is a necessity to be the 3rd asst coach. It is not. There are lots of former players that come back in every sport, without experience, and get one of the last asst spots. It doesn't matter one bit and I would say being a point guard for 20 years for numerous coaches that would count as a lot of experience.

Wasn't he literally the whole team the year he led in points and assists? Who was on the team with him? I still think he got robbed by not getting a chance in the NBA. He was such a baller.

You say this about the qualifications for an assistant but yet were ready to have BJ as the head coach, I guess I must have missed where his experience in coaching or recruiting comes from.

I'm to that point as well. This is getting a little depressing and we need someone to generate some fire. B.J would unite the clans like William Wallace.

"Wasn't he literally the whole team the year he led in points and assists? Who was on the team with him? I still think he got robbed by not getting a chance in the NBA. He was such a baller."

I think he put on some weight after the Celtics drafted him. He's definitely one of the best all time at Iowa. The tourney game against Kentucky was sick!

Pretty sure Andre got snubbed as BT POY the year he lead the BT in points and assists. Also to all the people who say this and that about not having coaching experience, How does one ever become a coach if the requirements for being a 3rd assistant is coaching experience? I think he would be a good third assistant and could be a great teacher to the current pg's and pg's coming in the future. He could teach cully to stop the mid-air throw(away) and teach him the bounce pass.

EDIT: Great archives on Gazette of Andre.
http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/news-hawk/2010/04/08/archives-andre-woolridge

Last edited:

Latest posts