Andre Woolridge

You say this about the qualifications for an assistant but yet were ready to have BJ as the head coach, I guess I must have missed where his experience in coaching or recruiting comes from.

You are right, those were the dark days of the coaching search when I thought we were going to settle big time. Now I have seen the light and I want someone that has proven themselves to recruit well, but everyone seems to have missed the point where I say that "I want him to be involved with the team."
But there is a difference, outside of the BigTen world, not many people know Woolridge. BJ is a different story altogether.

Pretty sure Andre got snubbed as BT POY the year he lead the BT in points and assists. Also to all the people who say this and that about not having coaching experience, How does one ever become a coach if the requirements for being a 3rd assistant is coaching experience? I think he would be a good third assistant and could be a great teacher to the current pg's and pg's coming in the future. He could teach cully to stop the mid-air throw(away) and teach him the bounce pass.

EDIT: Great archives on Gazette of Andre.
ARCHIVES: Andre Woolridge | GazetteOnline.com

I tried to duplicate Andre's 1/3 court bounce passes with little success, but it would be nice if he could teach that to our current players.

Wasn't he literally the whole team the year he led in points and assists? Who was on the team with him? I still think he got robbed by not getting a chance in the NBA. He was such a baller.

I loved him as a hawk as well but you can't say he got robbed by not getting a chance in the NBA. He got plenty of chances. He played pro ball several years, worked out for several teams, and made summer leagues. He didnt play in the NBA cuase he didnt quite have enough game. 20-30 years ago you could get by "undiscovered". Today the scouts are so good it's literally impossible to slip through the cracks.

I tried to duplicate Andre's 1/3 court bounce passes with little success, but it would be nice if he could teach that to our current players.

Sounds good--Andre could teach the 1/3 court bounce pass to Cully in exchange for Cully teaching Andre how to dribble with his left hand.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh snap.

That said, nobody could stop Andre going to his right, so why bother with the left?

I loved him as a hawk as well but you can't say he got robbed by not getting a chance in the NBA. He got plenty of chances. He played pro ball several years, worked out for several teams, and made summer leagues. He didnt play in the NBA cuase he didnt quite have enough game. 20-30 years ago you could get by "undiscovered". Today the scouts are so good it's literally impossible to slip through the cracks.

Ok, HE didn't get robbed, but I feel like I did by not seeing him in the NBA! You caught me! :(

Latest posts