And The 2009-10 Iowa Hawkeye MVP is...

TruHawk

This is tough for me because you can argue for so many guys but my vote goes to Ricky "the Dragon steamboat" Stanzi...his performance this year has been like a great WWF match (sort of). You can't predict the outcome and just when you think he's out the ref is on the mat going 1...2...and then BOOM! He comes back and wins the match he's all bloody and tired great T.V. I'm fat I almost had three heart attacks this season and not even Bowl Season...Give a fat man a break hawks...LOL

Just like Ferentz always preaches about how this year has been a team effort. Even though he does a lot of coach speak, this year I think it's actually true. Last year the consensus team MVP would have been Shonn Greene. This year though the team seems to have someone different step up week in and week out. The first game of the year Binns and Hunter block those field goals. Against Penn State Clayborn blocks the punt. Against Michigan Moeaki comes up with a huge game. Against Michigan State Stanzi put together an amazing drive. In the Indiana game Sash, Stanzi, DJK, and McNutt stepped up late in the game. And so on. This team plays so well together it's hard to pick an individual MVP. It's truly a special team this year.

However, I could also see us giving the MVP to our entire defense this year because they have come up with some huge plays this year that have sparked our comebacks.

Right now, I'd give the MVP to the defense -- the entire freaking defense. In my opinion, without them, we'd be 3-6 rather than 9-0.

Right now, I'd give the MVP to the defense -- the entire freaking defense. In my opinion, without them, we'd be 3-6 rather than 9-0.

don't discount the offense too quickly. I've lived through years when we've had great defenses, but not great offenses, and sooner or later the defense breaks as the offense couldn't even get a 1st down, and the D was put in poor situations too many times.

don't discount the offense too quickly. I've lived through years when we've had great defenses, but not great offenses, and sooner or later the defense breaks as the offense couldn't even get a 1st down, and the D was put in poor situations too many times.

I would have to agree. I remember when JC would just fold. Or sometimes Drew Tate just would implode. Stanzi is a KF clone and this team has really taken on the persona of the coaches. The D is tough like Norm, the O is unpredictable like O'Keefe and they all believe they are in it to win it.

sash or clayborn right now. the offense is just doing enough not to lose games...........barely. If you had to pick an MVP for the offensive side, I'd go with McNutt.

This is tough for me because you can argue for so many guys but my vote goes to Ricky "the Dragon steamboat" Stanzi...his performance this year has been like a great WWF match (sort of). You can't predict the outcome and just when you think he's out the ref is on the mat going 1...2...and then BOOM! He comes back and wins the match he's all bloody and tired great T.V. I'm fat I almost had three heart attacks this season and not even Bowl Season...Give a fat man a break hawks...LOL

Stanzi would not be in my top 10.

A season that we are playing this year takes a team of MVP's. These guys don't quit! Many teams would fold in the situations we have faced. But we have been able to fight back and win.

Latest posts