Analyzing Iowa Football's Recent History with '20 Opponents

I am thinking Purdue swings on whether Rondale Moore plays or not.

I would like to think everyone in the program feels like they want revenge on MSU. They have massive turnover on their staff, too. I am not sweating that game at all.

MN lost their whole defense.

NW was so horrible on offense last year, can an above average QB make that much of a difference?

Little Debbie? I don’t think their OL & DL are strong enough yet.

Illinois? Only if we have a let-down. Is it a trap game?

I would like to think we are favored against everyone but PSU and Wisky. If we can keep our DL healthy and Petrus is as good as we think he is, I really like our chances to win the West.

Lmfao.

Wisconsin has the softest schedule in the entire conference and they own our ass. They're gonna go 8-0.

I am glad you are so positive to have on here. All games are losable when you turn it over a bunch, are bad on special teams and just make the wrong mistakes, miss tackles, etc.

Assuming Iowa loses to Wisconsin again this season, it will be the Badgers 6th straight victory in the series at Kinnick.

In the Fry/KF era, no B1G team has won 6 straight games vs Iowa in Kinnick. Ohio St and Michigan both have a 5 game win streak in the 1990s early 2000s.

PSU currently has won 3 in a row and that streak will likely continue in 2021 but after that it could be awhile before Iowa plays them again.

NW was so horrible on offense last year, can an above average QB make that much of a difference?

Northwestern has terrible talent on offense almost every year, but gets bailed out by really good QBs. A QB can make a world of difference for them. They don't have the linemen or backs to line up and run the ball. They don't have the WRs to get separation and make a decent QB look good or the skills to make a bad QB look average. They need a modestly mobile guy who can make up for their line deficiencies and they need a guy who can read the defense and make quick throws and hit some intermediate passes. If they don't have exactly the right style of QB, the terribleness of the rest of the offense shines through.

I am glad you are so positive to have on here. All games are losable when you turn it over a bunch, are bad on special teams and just make the wrong mistakes, miss tackles, etc.
You're confusing negativity with realism. If you want to live in a fantasy land where Iowa wind the West be my guest. And if you think it comes down to just some poorly timed mistakes you're dead wrong. The stats prove it.

I mean, if you think the Hawks are going to win just because you have a gut feeling that's all fine and dandy, but it's waaaaaay more bullshit than my prediction. Wisconsin has proven repeatedly they have our number.

Look at the numbers since '13 for god's sake. Wisconsin OWNS the Hawks in literally every meaningful way. We can't run the ball against them whatsoever, and they run on us at will. They produce a more fundamentally sound and more athletic team with recruiting classes ranked below ours. They are the real developmental program in the B1G, not ours. Until Iowa pulls a rabbit out of the hat and Wisconsin falls off (good luck with that as long as Alvarez is calling the shots), Iowa ain't winning the west.

It's been 2,143 days since this squad scored a rushing touchdown on Wisconsin. ONE rushing touchdown in almost six fucking years!!

Hawks can beat Nebraska and OSU and Minnesota a million f'n times, but until Kirky and the Brain figure out how to beat Chryst it ain't gonna mean shit.

Capture.jpg

You're confusing negativity with realism. If you want to live in a fantasy land where Iowa wind the West be my guest. And if you think it comes down to just some poorly timed mistakes you're dead wrong. The stats prove it.

I mean, if you think the Hawks are going to win just because you have a gut feeling that's all fine and dandy, but it's waaaaaay more bullshit than my prediction. Wisconsin has proven repeatedly they have our number.

Look at the numbers since '13 for god's sake. Wisconsin OWNS the Hawks in literally every meaningful way. We can't run the ball against them whatsoever, and they run on us at will. They produce a more fundamentally sound and more athletic team with recruiting classes ranked below ours. They are the real developmental program in the B1G, not ours. Until Iowa pulls a rabbit out of the hat and Wisconsin falls off (good luck with that as long as Alvarez is calling the shots), Iowa ain't winning the west.

It's been 2,143 days since this squad scored a rushing touchdown on Wisconsin. ONE rushing touchdown in almost six fucking years!!

Hawks can beat Nebraska and OSU and Minnesota a million f'n times, but until Kirky and the Brain figure out how to beat Chryst it ain't gonna mean shit.

Capture.jpg

I”m suddenly starting to feel more confident vs Wisconsin now that you’re making predictions. You stated over and over that we would not even have a college football or basketball season at all.

I”m suddenly starting to feel more confident vs Wisconsin now that you’re making predictions. You stated over and over that we would not even have a college football or basketball season at all.
Fine by me. You'll be the one with egg on your face, not me. And we haven't had a season yet.

Another thing to consider, when was the last time a Kirk Ferentz squad needed to win that game with a championship on the line (divisional or otherwise)? Odds are 5-3 on the outside looking in again....but Iowa will have it's chance to be the man by beating the man.

Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, and ISU = 21-0. Wisconsin is the only state touching Iowa that's had our number...but most of those are great ballgames.

Tons of stats show trends and probabilities but one game/any game on any Saturday is a game of chance on top of planning and practice.

Capture.jpg

LMAO

You know the difference between realism and negativity.

You were born in 1980 BC.

Tons of stats show trends and probabilities but one game/any game on any Saturday is a game of chance on top of planning and practice.
Let me translate that for everyone...,

“Let’s tell Fryowa he’s wrong because he looks at statistics and and trends instead of being hopeful and just having faith...”

Sounds about right.

Let me translate that for everyone...,

“Let’s tell Fryowa he’s wrong because he looks at statistics and and trends instead of being hopeful and just having faith...”

Sounds about right.

Its called being a dick. Sounds bout right don't cha think?

Its called being a dick. Sounds bout right don't cha think?
You gotta try harder if you're gonna bait me into conversation. Put some effort in at least.

Did you get the "you have a lot of potential if you'd just quit being lazy" speech growing up?

Did you get the "you have a lot of potential if you'd just quit being lazy" speech growing up?

I got it and pointed out that potential plus laziness is actually the best combination for creativity and that adults peddling that nonsense were actually stifling my creativity. Take, for instance, transportation. At some point in human development, some dude thought to himself "I need to go a long way and it sure would suck to walk that far, so I think I'll ride this horse." Later, some other dude who had a few wheels at his disposal thought to himself "man, instead of trying to shuffle the kids around on this horse, it would be a helluva lot easier if I rigged up a cart for it to pull" and thus was invented the world's first minivan. Even later, some other dude thought to himself "man, it sure sucks feeding a horse and cleaning up its shit, so I'm going to use a motor or engine and bolt it into a carriage and then I'll be able to go across town without the hassle of dealing with a horse.

Lazy dudes, plus creativity, plus profit motive when they figure out a way to create the device that allows others to be lazy is the engine that drives 69% of human innovation. 12% is driven by benevolence and is stuff like medical science, 4% is driven by actual curiosity like hard science stuff/space and the remaining 41% is driven by the war machine. But as you can see, laziness is far and away the biggest motivator in driving humanity forward.

I got it and pointed out that potential plus laziness is actually the best combination for creativity and that adults peddling that nonsense were actually stifling my creativity. Take, for instance, transportation. At some point in human development, some dude thought to himself "I need to go a long way and it sure would suck to walk that far, so I think I'll ride this horse." Later, some other dude who had a few wheels at his disposal thought to himself "man, instead of trying to shuffle the kids around on this horse, it would be a helluva lot easier if I rigged up a cart for it to pull" and thus was invented the world's first minivan. Even later, some other dude thought to himself "man, it sure sucks feeding a horse and cleaning up its shit, so I'm going to use a motor or engine and bolt it into a carriage and then I'll be able to go across town without the hassle of dealing with a horse.

Lazy dudes, plus creativity, plus profit motive when they figure out a way to create the device that allows others to be lazy is the engine that drives 69% of human innovation. 12% is driven by benevolence and is stuff like medical science, 4% is driven by actual curiosity like hard science stuff/space and the remaining 41% is driven by the war machine. But as you can see, laziness is far and away the biggest motivator in driving humanity forward.
I totally agree with the whole making life easier thing.

@HawkGold 's laziness is more of the I'm going to google something, copy and paste the first hit and not even think about what I'm talking about laziness.

See, if you're going to be physically lazy in the sense that you want to design easier ways to physically do something and get rich, it can't be done by being mentally lazy. You gotta use your brain pretty hard..

Latest posts