An open letter from JB to Kirk Ferentz

Joshbrown

Knowing that you surf this website daily, I thought I would post this instead of risking my e-mail landing in your spam folder.

Last year was awesome and Hawkeyenation commends you on your outside-the-box thinking. From your Jan. depth chart with CJB leap-frogging Jake to your willingness to go for it on 4th down, you proved everyone wrong who said you were incapable of pizzazz.

I have a small favor to ask of you this season. I implore you to set aside one game where your charges can wear the most awesome logo ever devised by mankind.

You can either go with the crackhawk uniform.

9406446763_5c7d98beff.jpg

or if that is asking too much, you can go with the crackhawk helmet.

b6d1878a11bbdf63eab77cb122b0a485.jpg

If you choose to reserve this option for the BTCG . . . well that would be great strategic thinking IMO. Thanx for all you do KF. :D

Solid black helmets...solid black uniforms...no names...just numbers...as small as allowed...high top black shoes...intimidating...black out game...

Knowing that you surf this website daily, I thought I would post this instead of risking my e-mail landing in your spam folder.

Last year was awesome and Hawkeyenation commends you on your outside-the-box thinking. From your Jan. depth chart with CJB leap-frogging Jake to your willingness to go for it on 4th down, you proved everyone wrong who said you were incapable of pizzazz.

I have a small favor to ask of you this season. I implore you to set aside one game where your charges can wear the most awesome logo ever devised by mankind.

You can either go with the crackhawk uniform.

9406446763_5c7d98beff.jpg

or if that is asking too much, you can go with the crackhawk helmet.

b6d1878a11bbdf63eab77cb122b0a485.jpg

If you choose to reserve this option for the BTCG . . . well that would be great strategic thinking IMO. Thanx for all you do KF. :D
Who's 'everyone'? He didn't do anything 'different' (he went for it on 4th down MORE in 2014 than last year, fact) and he didn't prove me 'wrong'. I wasn't one of the idiots calling for his head and saying they would suck last year like you morons. I picked them to go undefeated after the spring game last year....I love how you idiots KEEP trying to justify your stupidity........If you want to push new uny's, good, but get over this 'Kirk changed' crap cuz otherwise, how could you be so WRONG..(he had to have changed, right? Cuz you couldn't possibly be an idiot) You were WRONG. You didn't now what you were talking about and still don't. Get over it and move on (and try to learn a little something).

Reactions: Eda
Kirk changed... quarterbacks. That's all it took. He also used to not lie but now he does apparently. Making up crap about going different places to learn new ways. What a liar.

You two really need to chill.

Ickehawk, there are many people that thought Iowa would do well, myself included, but you don't see the rest of us going around telling everyone how great we are and how dumb everyone else is, based on our opinions of the Iowa coaching staff, players, and preseason prognostications. There will always be people that either agree or disagree with you. Yes, people mocked "riverboat Kirk" when just a year before they would bag on him for being too conservative. It's okay to point out that they may not like Ferentz, no matter what he does. It's a completely different thing calling them idiots for either being wrong, or in this instance trying to bring humor to a subject by relating it to a common fallacy with the fact that Kirk doesn't like the uniform craze.

PChawk, you are quick to attack anything that Ick says, many of the times with misinformed assumptions or facts twisted to fit your opinion. Just in your previous statement, Kirk did change QB, but this is something he's done in the past. Additionally, correct me if I'm wrong, but most coaches do and have consulted with other coaches throughout the season and off season, Iowa included. If you feel he is a troll, why feed him? To me, at least, you come off as another ass, just attacking another poster, who is also an ass.

I know this is a forum, and maybe I should just expect it, but some people want to talk about the Hawks, and not have to wade trough all this shit.

You two really need to chill.

Ickehawk, there are many people that thought Iowa would do well, myself included, but you don't see the rest of us going around telling everyone how great we are and how dumb everyone else is, based on our opinions of the Iowa coaching staff, players, and preseason prognostications. There will always be people that either agree or disagree with you. Yes, people mocked "riverboat Kirk" when just a year before they would bag on him for being too conservative. It's okay to point out that they may not like Ferentz, no matter what he does. It's a completely different thing calling them idiots for either being wrong, or in this instance trying to bring humor to a subject by relating it to a common fallacy with the fact that Kirk doesn't like the uniform craze.

PChawk, you are quick to attack anything that Ick says, many of the times with misinformed assumptions or facts twisted to fit your opinion. Just in your previous statement, Kirk did change QB, but this is something he's done in the past. Additionally, correct me if I'm wrong, but most coaches do and have consulted with other coaches throughout the season and off season, Iowa included. If you feel he is a troll, why feed him? To me, at least, you come off as another ass, just attacking another poster, who is also an ass.

I know this is a forum, and maybe I should just expect it, but some people want to talk about the Hawks, and not have to wade trough all this shit.

I can only assume you miss undestood my previous post if you say it's misinformed assumptions or twisted facts.
Also I have been on here for a few years and there have only been two posters I have ever attacked at all. Both recent and both after watching them attack multiple other people. Maybe you haven't noticed Ick's post history. If you have, it's pretty unfair to lump me in with him. Or I guess maybe you haven't noticed my post history.

Kirk changed... quarterbacks. That's all it took. He also used to not lie but now he does apparently. Making up crap about going different places to learn new ways. What a liar.

To clarify this post, saying all he did was change qbs is me being serious. I think Kirk made other subtle changes and they maybe helped a little, but if he doesn't change quarterbacks, we probably go 8-4 or 9-3. Still a good season but not a special one. The rest of my post is sarcasm. Kirk said himself he went to different teams during the off season in order to make changes. When a poster calls someone a moron for believing Kirk changed, he's basically calling Kirk a liar.

Who's 'everyone'? He didn't do anything 'different' (he went for it on 4th down MORE in 2014 than last year, fact) and he didn't prove me 'wrong'. I wasn't one of the idiots calling for his head and saying they would suck last year like you morons. I picked them to go undefeated after the spring game last year....I love how you idiots KEEP trying to justify your stupidity........If you want to push new uny's, good, but get over this 'Kirk changed' crap cuz otherwise, how could you be so WRONG..(he had to have changed, right? Cuz you couldn't possibly be an idiot) You were WRONG. You didn't now what you were talking about and still don't. Get over it and move on (and try to learn a little something).

Is Kevin Spacey's character based on a relative of yours Icky?

Latest posts