An Idea for the Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rev and TK were banned. They were over the top, IMO, and that's the call I made.

My guess is they'll be back in some form. I didn't ban their IPs...yet.

Those are the only two I know of but I’m sure there are others.

There’s a list on the board of like the top 5 or 6 posters by post count and likes. @tksirius doesn’t appear on either one anymore.

@revkev73 because Rob said he banned him.

If you want to find out if a user is banned type their username in a post preceded by “@“

If it’s a valid user you’ll get a pop up allowing you to just click on their username rather than type the whole thing out. A banned user you won’t. For example, type out “@ f r y o” and you’ll see my avatar pop up mid stream. Type “@ t k s i” and you won’t.

@PCHawk didn’t get banned he just said he was going to quit posting.

No way football is going to happen,

Normally I’d say @InGoodCo has better shit to do like go to the Lakes and hangout, but Dickinson County is absolute COVID hell right now.

Because of lake parties?

Locally it was an "unofficial prom" that lit the COVID 19 fire at a parents house.

Because of lake parties?

Locally it was an "unofficial prom" that lit the COVID 19 fire at a parents house.
I would hazard a guess that since that region strongly leans one way politically the citizens and tourists of said area are simply exercising their freedom. Or denying that Covid 19 is anything more than a political hatched job on the prez.

Because of lake parties?

Got traced back to one of the bars.

Don’t know if you’ve been to the Iowa Great Lakes before but it’s basically the party headquarters of Iowa all summer. It’s a slightly more compact version of Lake of the Ozarks. There are about 7 big bars/clubs and a super compact downtown area that turn into mini Mardi Gras when the weather’s nice. Two of them are accessible by boat/jet ski. It’s a ridiculously fun place to hang out even as a non-drinker, but it’s a humongous mass of people. Once a vaccine’s worked out I’ll go back but not anytime soon. I’m not afraid of dying from it, but I’d have to quarantine from work and my job doesn’t lend itself well to remote working.

I would hazard a guess that since that region strongly leans one way politically the citizens and tourists of said area are simply exercising their freedom. Or denying that Covid 19 is anything more than a political hatched job on the prez.
The IGL area isn’t way conservative like the 4 NW counties. It’s very liberal by comparison; the median income is way, way higher just because it’s so expensive to live there, and that changes the demographic. The Lakes area has year rounders like any tourist place, but they’re actually the minority.

It’s kind of strange because it’s the best fishing in the state of Iowa in terms of healthy fish populations, number of species, places to fish in a small area, etc. so it draws sportsman in from all over the Midwest and beyond. Any given weekend year round there are fishing shows being filmed there. Don’t know if any of you know who Jason Mitchell is but I’ve randomly ran into the guy twice while he’s filming a nationally broadcast show. It’s just normal there. Then you have the super wealthy people with $5M+ lakefront properties and the $1M+ (not joking) house boats, the majority of those folks are not even from the Midwest. Many, many homes aren’t even occupied 9 months out of the year, the owners pay people to manage the properties and rent them out as time shares. Lots of Chicago, DC, Minneapolis, etc people up there. Then you have the folks like me who live within an hour in small surrounding towns, we go there for fishing, night life, or both. Everyone I know also knows someone who lives close by where you could crash for the night.

When winter hits, it’s just the dudes like me who ice fish and the year-rounders. Pretty much a ghost town(s).

Last edited:
And "near miss" makes absolutely no sense at all. But here we are.
I’ve always though OSHA should revise all of their documentation and replace “near miss” with “close fucking call.”

Find and Replace has been a user-level software function since the 80s, we could get this done with a couple keystrokes.

I know this new board is on the way. I frankly doubt if I will participate. Not complaining about the addition. Maybe it will be positive. I would only say that I have now put 15 posters on my “ignore” list. I will not bother with science deniers, racist Neanderthals, self proclaimed experts in the fine art of speculation, those who attack me and my family personally, and painfully obvious trolls.

I know this new board is on the way. I frankly doubt if I will participate. Not complaining about the addition. Maybe it will be positive. I would only say that I have now put 15 posters on my “ignore” list. I will not bother with science deniers, racist Neanderthals, self proclaimed experts in the fine art of speculation, those who attack me and my family personally, and painfully obvious trolls.
We are living in a world increasingly divided.

Ever watched Moonlight 2016?

Those are the only two I know of but I’m sure there are others.

There’s a list on the board of like the top 5 or 6 posters by post count and likes. @tksirius doesn’t appear on either one anymore.

@revkev73 because Rob said he banned him.

If you want to find out if a user is banned type their username in a post preceded by “@“

If it’s a valid user you’ll get a pop up allowing you to just click on their username rather than type the whole thing out. A banned user you won’t. For example, type out “@ f r y o” and you’ll see my avatar pop up mid stream. Type “@ t k s i” and you won’t.

@PCHawk didn’t get banned he just said he was going to quit posting.

Normally I’d say @InGoodCo has better shit to do like go to the Lakes and hangout, but Dickinson County is absolute COVID hell right now.

Yeah, that's a no for me dog, no Boji this summer.

Should we start a few new threads for this continuous "off-topic" Hawkeye discussion?

I was thinking one for COVID as it relates to Iowa sports and another for the investigation into Iowa Football and anything related to that.

If the one thread we have going for both is enough, I'm fine with that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts