Amazon Blew My Mind Today

thedukeofearl

I ordered Motion Detection Solar Lites at 12:15 AM Today: Saturday, July 29, 2023

1690637390581.png

I have used one of these lights for 3 years and they are the best I have ever had

268 LED Chips

Needed 2 more and on Amazon they had a $10 off coupon, I had Amazon Credit, so I jumped on it

Checked my email this morning at 7:30 AM

Delivered: Your Amazon Order

Delivered at 4:15 AM today

I thought: No Way

WAY, sitting on my front door step

Hot Damn

I ordered Motion Detection Solar Lites at 12:15 AM Today: Saturday, July 29, 2023

View attachment 10195

I have used one of these lights for 3 years and they are the best I have ever had

268 LED Chips

Needed 2 more and on Amazon they had a $10 off coupon, I had Amazon Credit, so I jumped on it

Checked my email this morning at 7:30 AM

Delivered: Your Amazon Order

Delivered at 4:15 AM today

I thought: No Way

WAY, sitting on my front door step

Hot Damn
Sometimes I wish I had same day Amazon delivery. Then I remember I’d have to live in a city.

Thanks, but f*ck no.

Sometimes I wish I had same day Amazon delivery. Then I remember I’d have to live in a city.

Thanks, but f*ck no.

I live on the City Limits property line and N of me is rather rural, not farmland but rural

There is an Amazon facility just East of E 29th St about 10/15 minutes from my driveway

They can cover Ankeny, Altoona and NE Des Moines from there

I get one-day deliveries most of the time but if things are not in stock, almost certainly
two-day delivery

Four Hours is the kind of service I will demand now

:cool:

I live on the City Limits property line and N of me is rather rural, not farmland but rural

There is an Amazon facility just East of E 29th St about 10/15 minutes from my driveway

They can cover Ankeny, Altoona and NE Des Moines from there

I get one-day deliveries most of the time but if things are not in stock, almost certainly
two-day delivery

Four Hours is the kind of service I will demand now

:cool:

We have a warehouse in Iowa City so I think there are some products that can be delivered quite fast.

Thanks, but f*ck no.

I haven't used Amazon bince January 2021. Once we stopped using it our recycling bin went from overflowing with cardboard to virtually empty. I can't fathom how much waste that company must generate.

I haven't used Amazon bince January 2021. Once we stopped using it our recycling bin went from overflowing with cardboard to virtually empty. I can't fathom how much waste that company must generate.
I use it less than I used to. Primarily when it's something I can't get locally and need in a couple days. Most of the time I search on Amazon, then I try to go to the company's website and go that route.

In Eastern Iowa we have a HUB and Delivery Center in Iowa City and Davenport has a huge 5 story Fulfillment Center at the Maysville exit. Without Amazon Prime I can get 1-2 day delivery on items I can't find locally. Of course this adds to the semi congestion and wrecks on I-80.

I use it less than I used to. Primarily when it's something I can't get locally and need in a couple days. Most of the time I search on Amazon, then I try to go to the company's website and go that route.
Same. I look locally, and don't mind paying a bit of a markup, as long as it's not like 2x the cost of online.

If I can't find it locally, I try and do direct from the manufacturer.

If that fails, I resort to Amazon, but I'm never happy about it.

As for the waste, Iowa City lets you put your corrugated cardboard in compost now as long as there's no clear plastic tape on it. So it's kind of nice and doesn't fill up the recycle bin as fast.

article in WSJ explained Amzn is cutting way back on using cardboard boxes...just dropping your package in the original packaging

1692126370968.png

Latest posts