Amazing coaching job!

koralakers

At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are. We are sitting 9-2. Very little 'style' points. Deby sits at 3-8, but prolly a lot more 'style' points.

Now, let's look at the Covid SUPER SENIORS for 2021 (as of June 2021)...

Illinois - 22
Rutgers - 13
Minnesota - 10
Indiana - 8
Wisconsin - 7
Nebraska - 7
Michigan State - 5
Ohio State - 5
Northwestern - 4
Purdue - 4
Iowa - 3
Penn State - 3
Maryland - 1
Michigan - 1

I'm not sure if this even includes last-minute, super-senior grad transfers either. I also felt like ISU had a TON of Super Seniors as well.

So 9-2 versus a schedule in which we were, BY FAR, the youngest team on the field each game is even more impressive! And because we are absolutely a DEVELOPMENTAL school, and need TIME to develop under recruited kids into studs, makes it that much more of an amazing coaching job.

Kudos to the coaches and players!! Anyway, that's all. Now, let's resume our bitchin about coaching, play calling, etc...

At the end of the day, you are what your record says you are. We are sitting 9-2. Very little 'style' points. Deby sits at 3-8, but prolly a lot more 'style' points.

Now, let's look at the Covid SUPER SENIORS for 2021 (as of June 2021)...

Illinois - 22
Rutgers - 13
Minnesota - 10
Indiana - 8
Wisconsin - 7
Nebraska - 7
Michigan State - 5
Ohio State - 5
Northwestern - 4
Purdue - 4
Iowa - 3
Penn State - 3
Maryland - 1
Michigan - 1

I'm not sure if this even includes last-minute, super-senior grad transfers either. I also felt like ISU had a TON of Super Seniors as well.

So 9-2 versus a schedule in which we were, BY FAR, the youngest team on the field each game is even more impressive! And because we are absolutely a DEVELOPMENTAL school, and need TIME to develop under recruited kids into studs, makes it that much more of an amazing coaching job.

Kudos to the coaches and players!! Anyway, that's all. Now, let's resume our bitchin about coaching, play calling, etc...

So do your numbers above mean those 2021 Super Sr Covid players are totally done with their eligibility? Done playing?

It will be interesting to see which teams lose how many starters and even 2 Deep roster players. I hear ISU and MInny lose a ton. I think Minny and Illinois and maybe Purdue lose a lot or almost all their starting offensive linemen.

So do your numbers above mean those 2021 Super Sr Covid players are totally done with their eligibility? Done playing?

It will be interesting to see which teams lose how many starters and even 2 Deep roster players. I hear ISU and MInny lose a ton. I think Minny and Illinois and maybe Purdue lose a lot or almost all their starting offensive linemen.

I'd be more than happy if Purdue only lost 1. A certain WR, who's name is approaching those that we not speak of, who has torched us for years.

Side note: I love watching Bell and he's a generational talent.

I will say this: before the season started I thought that the inexperienced OL, but especially the DL were going to be such a big problem, that I was predicting 6-6.

Very glad that DL, especially, was better than the sum of their parts and that we sit 9-2. Definitely overachieved this year.

But please, Dear God, don’t lose to Nebraska.