Amara Darboh

Igothawked

I spoke with a very reliable source a couple days ago, he knows Darboh personally and very well. According to this guy, Darboh is an absolute freak of an athlete, best bball player at Dowling currently, etc.
What he told me was that he thought Wisconsin or Notre Dame are leading the charge in his recruitment, with Iowa behind them.
As most of you know Darboh was not born in the US and came over here after his parents died. He has never been a die hard Hawk fan or anything, so we do not have that going for us. I am very concerned that we could lose this guy to Wisconsin. That is something I do not want to see, AT ALL I can accept losing him to ND but not Wisconsin.
Any thoughts??

From what I understand, this isn't about "losing" him to anywhere. If he were a Hawk fan then I could see that point of view.

From what I understand, this isn't about "losing" him to anywhere. If he were a Hawk fan then I could see that point of view.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I meant it more as losing a high level in-state talent to Wisconsin.
I will always understand losing an Iowan to a school like Texas, Florida, ND, etc. But I am hoping Wisconsin doesn't start plucking out highly rated players from Iowa.
I get your point and hopefully if he doesn't become a Hawk he goes to ND.

The next C. French. Except he's probably better.

Well he can actually catch the ball, so he's way better than French. I once thought that this was going to be a huge loss for the hawks, but they seem like they are recruiting good receivers right now. If he goes elsewhere it sucks, but it won't be a crushing blow (See Adrian Arrington).

It was always going to be tough to get him considering his mentor and former Iowa qb Chuck Hartlieb is steering him to Wisconsin.

It was always going to be tough to get him considering his mentor and former Iowa qb Chuck Hartlieb is steering him to Wisconsin.

Which is really sad if true, and if he does go to Wiscy what a kick in the balls to the Hawks, losing best player in state.

No, that's not the issue that people are having with Hartlieb. Some people are pi**ed that he's not steering Darboh ANYWHERE, including Iowa. And considering the role that he's taken in Darboh's life, that's a very good thing.

Be careful what you post about Chuck Hartlieb here. I'd suggest nothing even remotely negative, as people in high places at this site don't go in for that sort of thing.

I guess it's commendable that Mr. Hartlieb isn't exerting any pressure as to where young Mr. Darboh attends college. It seems that a number of posters on here are very much in favor of this course of action.
I just hope that these posters are equally as happy if and when Darboh ends up at Wisconsin.

I know that I'm looking forward to the prospect of him scoring a touchdown that would help to beat the Hawks. That would be just great.

I have only seen him play 3 or 4 times. Those times he caught the ball with his body- not his hands. I think he has tremendous upside but is very raw. Hard to tell how good he will end up being as some players keep improving and others never reach their full potential.

I wish I could understand what the hell is attractive about Notre Dame. The lamers haven't been descent in a long time, yet they continue to recruit well.

I like how people play the "ND hasn't been good in a long time, why would anybody want to go there" card. It's kind of like when certain posters bash kids who turn down the Iowa basketball program b/c they "don't want to be apart of something special and want to just go play for the traditionally strong schools." Perhaps ND haters will eventually comprehend that it's one of the top 5 most prestigious college football schools in the country, and a twenty year span isn't going to change that.

I like how people play the "ND hasn't been good in a long time, why would anybody want to go there" card. It's kind of like when certain posters bash kids who turn down the Iowa basketball program b/c they "don't want to be apart of something special and want to just go play for the traditionally strong schools." Perhaps ND haters will eventually comprehend that it's one of the top 5 most prestigious college football schools in the country, and a twenty year span isn't going to change that.

Notre Dame isn't prestigious one bit. What they have is a national following that allows them to have pretty deep pockets. That then ensures that they have nice facilities all that.

Part of what Notre Dame has benefited from lately is that they've had a bit of turn-style at the coaching spot ... and that has allowed them to pitch a pretty nice sales line .... "Yes, you can help to restore the greatness of this tradition-rich program." And yes, I acknowledge that that is a pretty good sales pitch.

However, the problem is that it still doesn't change the fact that Notre Dame has been pretty irrelevant for a good while. Despite all the stupid-a$$ love that they get on TV ... they never live up to the hype.

The prestige of Notre Dame is by and large in the memory of their faithful.

I admit, Notre Dame has themselves a pretty good coach ... and their O is a rather attractive one for a WR. However, all the same, how many of Cinci's WRs were beating down the doors for the pros?

Quite frankly Notre Dame's WRs, prior to Kelly's arrival, were more attractive to the pros because Charlie ran a pro-friendly O.

Be careful what you post about Chuck Hartlieb here. I'd suggest nothing even remotely negative, as people in high places at this site don't go in for that sort of thing.

I guess it's commendable that Mr. Hartlieb isn't exerting any pressure as to where young Mr. Darboh attends college. It seems that a number of posters on here are very much in favor of this course of action.
I just hope that these posters are equally as happy if and when Darboh ends up at Wisconsin.

I know that I'm looking forward to the prospect of him scoring a touchdown that would help to beat the Hawks. That would be just great.

I won't like it if he ends up at Wisconsin. I'm sure that nobody here would. But it would be stupid to lay the blame at Hartlieb's feet for it.

Anybody see Dowling put Darboh in at DE on the last series of the state championship game? First play he busted through and sacked the QB. Hes a freak and I say that because I saw him easily dunk a bball barefoot when he was an 8th grader. One of his buddies that was a senior this year was chosen as a preferred walk-on for ND and supposedly is trying to get Amara to come to ND as well.

Anybody see Dowling put Darboh in at DE on the last series of the state championship game? First play he busted through and sacked the QB. Hes a freak and I say that because I saw him easily dunk a bball barefoot when he was an 8th grader. One of his buddies that was a senior this year was chosen as a preferred walk-on for ND and supposedly is trying to get Amara to come to ND as well.

Finally a valid reason.

Latest posts