Am I the only one...

Hawkfromnorwalk

worried about the ISU game coming up? I don't know what it is and I can't put my finger on it but I just have this nagging feeling they are going to catch lightning in a bottle this year and upset us. They have some good receivers and if our DB play doesn't get polished up they could put some points on the board. On top of that I am still a little concerned with the OL play. ISU has an uncanny knack for stepping their game up despite their skill level.

Yes, you are the only one. We should have a full defense ready to go against ISU. Players on D that should be back are Prater, Binns, Bernstine, and hopefully Tarp. So we should have no prob dealing with whatever ISU wants to throw at us.

I'm not to worried, yes they looked great at times against a weak NIU team. But NIU QB had no pulse, he was a little boy out there and was just horrible. When NIU put any heat on Arnaud, he crumbled. I see it happening on Sat. Our D line will control the entire game and I see atleast 2 picks thrown by AA.

Why does everyone got to bring this negative energy about every game. We have a chance to lose ANY game we play just like any other team out there. What is the point in trying to fester in it and bring others into your misery. We just won a game. Enjoy it until we win the next.

A little bit. I take confidence in Norm game planning that offense though. Even if they do score points on us, I have faith in ours to out score them. Their defense didn't look impressive.

they claim their offense is better than ours and that our defense is better than theirs.

From what I saw v. NIU, it looks like we'll have the advantage on the OL and DL and that will win the game. I think our OL will dominate their front seven and we'll control the game. They'll have to throw the ball, and our front 4 will be all we'll need to control the LOS and the back 7 will do their job. I think it is pretty apparent what happens when Arnut has to throw into 7 defenders.....

Anyone that thinks any game on the schedule is going to be easy is not thinking clearly. Every team that faces Iowa will be giving their best shot no atter what the record is. Dealing with 18-21 year old kids isn't not easy, can't just throw your helmet out there on any given Saturday and think the other team will roll over. If the Hawks come ready to play every Saturday they will be in every game, if they don't come to play their dreams and goals can be shattered pretty quickly.

Their secondary is very weak. Once NIU came out after half they started to move it very easily over the top. Stanzi could have a field day passing on that secondary. I'm excited to see Hampton in action!

No, and you should be worried but not because is it ISU. I am worried about every game except for EIU and Ball State. Hopefully the players are too.

No, and you should be worried but not because is it ISU. I am worried about every game except for EIU and Ball State. Hopefully the players are too.

i hope the players aren't 'worried'. I hope they don't take them for granted, look over them, post pictures of them about how they are clowns.....but worried?

Iowa's rushing and passing... much better than ISU's this week. Iowa dictated their game which ISU didn't. Iowa defense scored a safety. Special teams scored on a blocked punt.
How about the mismatch that is Iowa's defense against ISU's offense? In short Iowa has to beat themselves for ISU to win.

Looking at the game on paper, am i worried? No. But this is an instate rival game and Ferentz is actually 5-6 against isu. It will be nice to finally reach .500 but state will not make it easy. If we avoid turnovers, or injury issues we should win by a large margin. But in this series that is a big if.

Not going to lie... I'm nervous before every game. Maybe not nervous, but anxious. Anyway, the nerves are definitely working, if anything else, because it's a rivalry game, and in any rivalry game the actual differences between the two teams get thrown out the window.

Hfromnorwalk - I am always concerned about ISU. They lift their game for us. I have to think that we will look better with Prater, Binns, tarp, and J Hamp on the field. I also think both our O and D were very vanilla yesterday and we will pull out some tricks. I am concerned though..........."that's the painful voice of experience". We can win but need to be ready and know this team will come out swingin.

My biggest concern is ISU's passing game.
We will play bend buy don't break, like always, and I think ISU will come out and dink and dunk there way down the field. It's going to be frustrating to watch. I just hope we can make a statement early, and not let them hang around too long, and let them think they have a shot. We need to get up on them right away.

worried about the ISU game coming up? I don't know what it is and I can't put my finger on it but I just have this nagging feeling they are going to catch lightning in a bottle this year and upset us. They have some good receivers and if our DB play doesn't get polished up they could put some points on the board. On top of that I am still a little concerned with the OL play. ISU has an uncanny knack for stepping their game up despite their skill level.

My biggest concern is our MIKE LB in coverage. However, if we get Tarp back for the ISU game ... then much of that concern will be diminished.

The Iowa CB play was a little rough around the edges ... however, I would also say that aside from getting burnt twice ... both guys played pretty decently. A key thing to observe is that the guys in the secondary tackled pretty darn well. You have to remember that ISU's O relies heavily upon run after catch.

Another thing that you have to recognize is that Iowa didn't seem to be executing any press coverage in the game. Given the timing nature of ISU's passing attack, effective press coverage could have some success against ISU's WRs. Furthermore, if Prater comes back and can operate at full capacity ... then he'll be able to make a legit impact too.

Lastly, as much as I love Daniels ... Iowa's DL is better with Binns in the picture. You're talking about a unit that has already played a season together. That way, when you put Daniels in the mix ... he'll be able to help keep the legs of the D-linemen that much fresher.

Latest posts